Stabbed with a forklift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new HDTV the other day, but even though the shipper said it would be here on the 12th, they called us and said they didn't plan on coming out until next Thursday. So today I took a trip to their office, 2 hours away, and stuffed it in my Hoe. Fit perfectly.

After the TV was loaded, the guy who loaded it ran the forklift right into my rear fascia/bumper cover. :emotions122:

They didn't really wanna take care of it but my dad owns a body shop and when he saw it he was pretty pissed that they didn't think it was their fault. I went and got 3 different body shop's estimates and now waiting on that office to call and tell me they'll pay for it.

On the other hand, the Denali bumper cover turned out to be cheaper, so we're getting that and the chrome step pad to go with it.

Just venting. What a day.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would be mad too, hate when people screw up and try and deny responsibility.
But then again it give you a good r ason to get that nice Nali bumper, I think it may be cheaper because it may not come with a hitch cover.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be mad too, hate when people screw up and try and deny responsibility.
But then again it give you a good r ason to get that nice Nali bumper, I think it may be cheaper because it may not come with a hitch cover.

Yeah it was a real day-killer watching it go right through my Hoe but at least the bumper will be new and the chrome step pad will actually fit correctly!

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i thought you were going to say they stabbed your tv while putting it in your truck!!!!! lol..

Haha no. When I left they didn't bother saying anything about the bumper but said "hey if you have any problems with the TV let us know!"

Gee thanks. Ha. Everything should be fine as long as either they or their insurance company will cover this.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I would have said something when they didn't mention anything about the bumper. Although they could have helped increase your MPG by creating a hillbilly difuser (sp).

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should really be under the "Exterior" section... (Kidding!)

That blows. You have to love the finger-pointing when someone is blatantly at fault.

Hope it all works out. If you're getting a bumper cover that you like better, sounds like it IS working out. Good luck!

007fl

Reaction score
I believe I'd have called the Sheriff the instant they indicated a reluctance to accept responsibility. A police report goes a long way with their insurance company.