Stabbed with a forklift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
North American Van Lines is their name, they're some sort of moving service. Never been in an accident before, I'm only 16, I was nervous about the whole thing and didn't know what to do until I told my parents.

The employees at that office had already complained about me getting there when they were about to go to lunch. If they don't pay for the repair it is definitely going to the police or something. My dad's collision repair center as well as 2 others quoted it to be over $1500, for all parts and labor.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope you have some pictures and/or some witnesses on your part. in case they won't to screw around and not pay up.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine worked for home depot back in the day and he dropped a pallet of concrete pavers on the bedrail of a brand new silverado...still had drive out tags.

Sucks about your truck though. Denali bumper should look nice though so hey silver lining.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Friend of mine worked for home depot back in the day and he dropped a pallet of concrete pavers on the bedrail of a brand new silverado...still had drive out tags.

Sucks about your truck though. Denali bumper should look nice though so hey silver lining.

Yikes! shit id hate to be him.. id be driving that towmotor the **** home! lol

OMG its Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you live, but in FL, that might qualify as leaving the scene of an accident, therefore, if they wanted to fight it, they could.

Either way, good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry I went to the lake.

I went to 3 different repair shops to get the estimates they asked for, and faxed them over. They then called and decided they wouldn't accept my estimates. So they want me to go to some VW dealership's service center in Memphis, 2 hours away, to get the estimate.

This is really pissing me off. They want me to go 2 hours out of my way, into much worse traffic than I'm used to, when in the beginning this is their fault. I left the scene, but hey I had no idea what the hell to do. I had to get home as fast as I could anyways because the TV I picked up could've been damaged if it was laid on its side for too long, which was the only way I could get it to fit in my car.

I don't mind going to their suggested dealer to get an estimate, but they're gonna have to pay for my gas and a rental car. If not then my parents will hand this over to their lawyers.