Stabilitrack and Driver Assist System warnings, sounds like your driving over intermittent saw marks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRedCaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Escalade, and about a week ago, I replaced all four OEM MagneRide shocks along with the sway bar links. Honestly, I was pretty frustrated with how it was riding, so I took it out on the highway and pushed it hard, like it was going through a slalom course—switching the traction control on and off. I was in a mindset of either breaking it or breaking it in.

After that aggressive drive, I started hearing a noise that sounds similar to running over road saw marks or like the ABS trying to engage. I removed and cleaned both rear wheel speed sensors and checked everything I could think of under the vehicle. I also talked to a mechanic friend, and they said these vehicles are meant to be driven like a soccer mom’s car— with all the computers they don’t handle rough driving well. Any idea what sensors or systems might have been affected by that 15-minute hard-driving session?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Escalade, and about a week ago, I replaced all four OEM MagneRide shocks along with the sway bar links. Honestly, I was pretty frustrated with how it was riding, so I took it out on the highway and pushed it hard, like it was going through a slalom course—switching the traction control on and off. I was in a mindset of either breaking it or breaking it in.

After that aggressive drive, I started hearing a noise that sounds similar to running over road saw marks or like the ABS trying to engage. I removed and cleaned both rear wheel speed sensors and checked everything I could think of under the vehicle. I also talked to a mechanic friend, and they said these vehicles are meant to be driven like a soccer mom’s car— with all the computers they don’t handle rough driving well. Any idea what sensors or systems might have been affected by that 15-minute hard-driving session?
probably something mechanical, contrary to what your friend said these vehicles are actually fairly durable, provided of course you maintain it well.
you did not provide any details such as mileage and what has or has not been done to it besides shocks.
things like the 8 speed transmission are a known potential problem, so if you are at 100k and the transmission hasn't been serviced that's just asking for it.
I beat on mine all the time but I also use a severe maintenance schedule and I inspect everything often as a habit as well as replace things are prone to fail ahead of time
some not by choice lol
you might have to get it on a lift and start checking things and listening closer