Stalling then ok 10 min later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 Tahoe LS 5.3 Flex, 218,000 miles

I live in FL – hot

Engine stalls but runs fine 10 min later for a few miles but no issues during the morning commute. I can leave in the AM and tow a boat for an hour with no issue. On our way later in the afternoon it starts acting up 15 minutes into our ride. I can feel it start to hesitate on acceleration then it stalls out. 10-15 min later it starts, and we run fine for 3-5 miles. I replaced the MAP and throttle body. On the same day I was able to tow the boat for an hour with no issue. A few days later if I floored it doing 60ish rpm’s would go up but the speed didn’t increase. A week has passed since replacing the above parts and it stalled on my way home last night. The only code it’s given me was P0300 last night. Fuel pressure is 50psi. The catalytic convert temp is about the same for the in/out sides. Thoughts? Defective throttle body? Clogged cats? ECM issue?

Thanks

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did it set the p0300? or it flash show as pending?

might be as simple as your way over due for a tune up. plugs and wires.

or maybe the crank sensor, when bad they dont always set a code. if the tack ever dropped to zero before it stalls out, crank sensor for sure. but thats what it does, stall out when ever it feels like it, then fire back up 15 minutes or longer of sitting.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A few days later if I floored it doing 60ish rpm’s would go up but the speed didn’t increase.

That particular symptom sounds like a transmission issue. Not sure about the stalling, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JBeastquogue