Standard Upgrades to the 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Whered you get E fans for under $100!!? I need to find that! ...

Dope. They were actually a little over $140 shipped to Canada, I just told my wife they were less then $100, and for some reason that number stuck. :)

I bought two from this Ebay Vendor HERE.

But in the US, you can find them a lot cheaper. Current Ebay listings HERE. You just need 2 16" universals that pump out at least 2000cfm. Oh and a temp controller from Jegs, Summit, local auto shop, etc.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dope. They were actually a little over $140 shipped to Canada, I just told my wife they were less then $100, and for some reason that number stuck. :)

I bought two from this Ebay Vendor HERE.

But in the US, you can find them a lot cheaper. Current Ebay listings HERE. You just need 2 16" universals that pump out at least 2000cfm. Oh and a temp controller from Jegs, Summit, local auto shop, etc.

NICE!! ill definitely look into this. Should free up some power and gain MPG. Those temp controlers would kick the fans on/off automatically? How hard would you say they are to install?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE!! ill definitely look into this. Should free up some power and gain MPG. Those temp controlers would kick the fans on/off automatically? How hard would you say they are to install?

Yup, the temp controller is automatic. It's very easy to install. the temp controller even came setup to work with the proper temps. No adjustments were required. The physical install of the TC and the fans were very easy. The wiring up with manual switch and activity indicator lamp in thecab took longer than the install. You can do it in about a couple of hours or so.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to do E-fans, but with the system and lights, its hell on the battery. Not sure i could always rely on the alt and battery to keep up with everything on the Hoe. (2nd battery, 2nd alt in 3 years so far.)

you have a link for the TC off hand? (need one for the camaro, computer doesn't feel the need to kick the E-fan on anymore....)

OP
OP
C

Constant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a good idea but it's really a case by case basis. And I don't think we'll ever agree on which order to do things. Like you mention camshaft at the top of your internal list. There is a host of stuff I would do before the camshaft got touched ...

Like what? I'm just trying to find a generic "could do" any "should do" type list. Like I said, I've just seen a lot of posts where it's the same question over and over and I think a sticky might be helpful.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I think another thing to add is to get a clear cut idea of what you want out of your truck, and take it from there. My truck is bone stock, only because funds do not permit modifications currently, and I have to prioritize by fixing all of my problems first. But once that shit is squared away, I'm not looking to create a 1000hp beast. I know exactly what I want out of my truck and most of the steps I need to get there.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to make a better off road vehicle, something better to tow with and to keep the dependability. I've never been stuck or broke down, but sometimes I have to park sooner then I want when hunting because it's not going to make it back up the mountain side due to.......a lot of things. Clearance to start but then power comes into play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925