Starting Issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt04Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything has been fine and I go out last night to crank the Tahoe and it won't start. It's seems like it's almost there but just won't turnover. Battery meter was between 9-14 so I tried to jump it and got the same thing. Lights, electronics, etc all work when the key is in the "on" position. Check engine and battery light are lit up on the dash now. Is it the starter? I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to vehicles so any help would be great! Btw, I have a 6.0L engine that was put in the Tahoe before I bought it. I know that'll matter when it comes to buying parts but maybe not with diagnosing the issue. Thanks!!

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn the key to the "on" position. Wait 10 seconds, then try to start. Do you get the same issue? If so, might be your fuel pump.

Try pulling codes from it (AutoZone will pull them for free and give you a print out) and list the codes here when you find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO