starting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, i read that you can easily bypass the system but if the battery dies or is unhooked then you would need to hook the system back up for the initial start. not sure how much truth there is to that though.

B'S99TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 99 Tahoe would start then in about 1 min. the security light comes on and stays on. The truck keeps on running. I drive to the store turn it off. Then I try to restart it; it starts then stops. I let it sit for 1/2 hour , it starts and runs fine. Then the security light comes back on and the same thing happens again. I scanned it code U1192 and P1626. My EVO Passlock module was bad

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other people thought i was crazy, but this is why i liked my '84 K5 Jimmy. i knew if that thing wasn't startin, it wasn't cuz of no stupid faulty security ********...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started this a month or two ago.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199600

This has been going on for me for a while. What sucks most is, you just never know when its going to happen. Its been happening pretty much every day now. I had also switched from using the key I have used for the past 2 years to my spare key. From the research I have done, it has to do with the magnet inside the ignition lock housing, its cracks/brakes over time. One thing which was pointed out was your key chains, the more weight you have the more likely this is going to happen. I have since carried 2 keys, my truck key and my house key.

These are the parts I have recently ordered but not yet received.

26049449 is the lock cylinder case w/ ign lock actuator, ign switch actuator and passlock sensor
26075995 is the ignition switch with passlock connector

I agree TheBeast99, I would preffer not to have any of this electrical BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
01greentahoe