Steering wheel control malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Johnston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali owned since new, 54,000 miles, no mods of any kind. Steering wheel controls work intermittantly, radio controls work occasionally or perform the wrong function. When the work, everything works fine, but when the cruise control isn't working, the radio controls either don't work or do the wrong function. Never one works or the other doesn't. Dealer is at a loss. Any help?

OP
OP
J

Joe Johnston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Connections underdash and under hood were checked - non were loose and appear clean. Had a 4.5 hr drive yesterday and after the cruise failed, I tried many times to get it to turn on with no luck. Pulling up and tapping the brake pedal had no effect either. The "on" light always turns on in the steering wheel, but never in the dash unless the cruise will work.

Any more ideas?

OP
OP
J

Joe Johnston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Back to the dealer tomorrow. Of course everything was working today when I drove it in to make the apt.

Any other ideas?? They never heard of a problem like this. We have several long trips planned and the cruise will be needed.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you tried replacing the switch panels themselves?

OP
OP
J

Joe Johnston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't be the failure of 9 out of 12 switches at the same time or thier operation of untended functions. (Volume changes stations for example) It has to be beyond the switches themselves.

OP
OP
J

Joe Johnston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A different tech checked out my Denali yesterday and THINKS the problem is in a connector. Return tomorrow to replace it. While there they offered me $28,900 to trade...........a new one isn't any different than mine, but it is an interesting thought. A 20 hr trip to FL soon will checkout the cruise, hope it works!!

chadjames

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2007 tahoe and having the same problems just started last week on a trip to oklahoma one thing i have noticed is that the volt meter is near the 12 volt reading when this happen if the volt meter is reading around 14 volts iam not having the problem it starts fine so iam not 100percent sure the alt is going out but i think it is has something to do with low voltage and resistance in the eletronics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts