stock radio plays when it wants to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonfever99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was driving the other day and my radio stoped working all the lights were on the clock was on but no sound, it started playing again so i just forgot about it. Well today i was driving and it did it again then it would turn on and off a couple times till it never came back off, but all the lights work clock/station lights were on but no sound.WTF any help would be great

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

it would turn on and off a couple times till it never came back off,

(it never came back on) is what i ment

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happened to my old Esky. Brought it into Cadillac and they said the head unit was going out. Apparently my system was too much for it? Might be the case here.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If it does not happen on bumpy roads and the yellow wire feeding the ignition feed input to the radio can be verified to be active even when radio cuts out the radio might be in a thermal overload or the small power switch or relay inside might have broken solder joints failing intermittently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068