stock tape deck above cd storage compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2002 Tahoe about a year ago and the previous owner had put in an aftermaket stereo. However, it still has the stock tape cassette deck(right about the cd storage). I dont own any tape cassettes and even if i did it wont work with the aftermarket cd player. I was wondering what you all have done with this.

And while we re kind of on the subject, any ideas about the rear audio controls thats is on the back side of the center console. Any way of rigging that so it will work with my current cd player.

I would like to hear any input or ideas that you ve thought about doing or have done. Thanks

And if anyone is looking for one I would be willing to part with mine for cheap as long as i can figure out something to do with the hole

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOPROBROBB

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for posting, doesnt seem like a whole lot of options out there, i was reading that theres a cubby that chevy makes that comes with the basic models with no tape deck

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are cubbies or you can put a dvd player in there for headrest tvs or fold down tv's or something...

11-26-04dvdplayer.jpg

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
i took my cassette player out and got the metra peice that is ment for the spot. perfect fit and easy to install. however it was $100...thank god circuit city didnt notice it was missing :wink wink:. i ran my ipod cable to the pocket and i store my ipod in there when it is connected.
heres the pocket in the top of this pic
IMAG0152.jpg

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id like to see more pics of what people have done with this space. i myself was wanting to get an eq installed in that space. what din size is it and is there a kit that will make that work?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id like to see more pics of what people have done with this space. i myself was wanting to get an eq installed in that space. what din size is it and is there a kit that will make that work?

it's almost a single din and no "kit" to make a radio or eq work. If you cut it out correctly, the cage will hold it in place

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend actually put a flip out monitor and wired all his screens to the video out put of it.. That way he could use his alpine deck separate... Dont know why but he just cut it a little and it slipped right in. Pull up the cup holders and alot of room for connections and what not then put them back in

OP
OP
NOPROBROBB

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found little cubby for it at my local chevy dealer, it was 15.44, a guy on ebay wanted 30 plus 8 to ship. I also read on another forum that car install shops will carry these as well. It should be in today and then i can get it installed hopefully some time this week. Thanks for the posts and ideas

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys have trouble with the rest of your system working when you pull the tape deck out? I unhooked mine and the sound doesn't work now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525