stock tires on 2010 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi....Just waiting for my Z71 and was wondering what kind of AT tires come on the 2010's with the offroad package? I read that the 08's and 09's came with Bridgestone Dueler AT's but I was kinda hoping GM decided to go another way this year. Those tires cam stock on our Jeep and other than the fact that they lasted ok mileage-wise, they sucked A$$ in every other respect. I asked the salesman (useless) but, as I expected, he had no clue other than what's listed on the spec sheet and that says the size and that they are black walled A/T's.

anyone know? I just want to prepare myself in advance if I have to look at spending an extra $1000 or so after I take delivery.

thanks! :boti:

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi....Just waiting for my Z71 and was wondering what kind of AT tires come on the 2010's with the offroad package? I read that the 08's and 09's came with Bridgestone Dueler AT's but I was kinda hoping GM decided to go another way this year. Those tires cam stock on our Jeep and other than the fact that they lasted ok mileage-wise, they sucked A$$ in every other respect. I asked the salesman (useless) but, as I expected, he had no clue other than what's listed on the spec sheet and that says the size and that they are black walled A/T's.

anyone know? I just want to prepare myself in advance if I have to look at spending an extra $1000 or so after I take delivery.

thanks! :boti:

I wouldn't set the bar very high on stock tires. The Z71 package is more for looks than anything. I mean, they put a larger diameter rim on an "offroad" vehicle. All the manufacturers do the same thing, like Ford and their FX4 package with 20" rims.

OP
OP
C

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
oh I'm quite aware that this isn't a true offroad package and I don't expect it to perform as one. I have an f250 on 36 inch IROKs for offroad. I just want a decent tire for rain, slush, snow , mild "off the beaten path"runs, etc. The Bridgestones sucked on all accounts and we tend ot get a lot of challenging road conditions here in eastern Canada. I replaced them with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on our Jeep and it was like night and day. I suppose the Bridgestones are a little better than those Ameritracks or whatever they were called GM put on stock ZR2's when I had one in 05.

anyways, just trying to find out what the stock tires will be.......

OP
OP
C

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
drove through the dealers lot today and there was my Tahoe.....got dropped off last night I guess. My fears were realized....Bridgestone Dueler AT's....BAH!!! I'll have to see if I can negotiate some sensible tires into the deal when they call me to give me a time that I can pick it up. deal isn't really done yet (haven't signed anything) so hopefully there's some wiggle room. Everything else about the truck is perfect though!!! can't wait!!!!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice and post pics when you pick it up! I thought the Bridgestones Dueler ATs were ok, of course they aren't my first pick of tires (or even on the list). I put ~42k miles on them and they still had a lot of tread left.

Yes the Z71 package is a very mild off-road upgrade. Other than the appearance stuff, it comes with upgraded shocks, skid plates, and high capacity intake filter. NBS also had stiffer springs which I am assuming the NNBS does also. I liked the ride a lot better compared to the non-Z71. The higher bumper actually comes in handy in regards to clearance (compared to non-Z71). Mine had the optional rear locker.

OP
OP
C

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
didn't bother with haggling for new tires. We had the baby with us and he was fussing a bit so we just grabbed the Tahoe and the rubber mats I got them to throw in and hit the road. These tires will do fine until winter or until I can find a good deal on something better.
you are right about the ride being stiffer on the Z71. The one we test drove was a non-Z71 and felt a little "floaty" for my liking. No doubt the ride in the one we tested was a little smoother but I'd rather the ride in the Z71.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr

Latest posts