Suburban 2020 Suburban auto shut off at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MightyWarMonger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Chevy Suburban Premier witch is relatively new to us like 2 months, we were camping and while packing up and cleaning we put our dogs in the truck after starting it (not remote start) because it was hot and had the AC going for them and we went to check on them and retrieve something from the vehicle to find it had shut off on it's own. So apparently this has an auto idle shut off after like 15/20 min and I want to know if there is a setting or manual switch to turn this off or if I can disable this somehow it could have killed my dogs.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t speak to your rig specifically but most have the on/off as a setting. Your owner’s manual should tell you how.

vf1000ride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From my 2020 Yukon manual it says key out of the truck it will shut off after 30 minutes, key in shuts off after an hour if it is left in park.Untitled.jpg

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is 15 minutes for remote start I believe, 30 minutes if running with ignition on in park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plyoung