Suburban third row cargo dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone can provide the length, width and height dimensions behind the third row in a 2021+ Suburban. Cargo volumes are posted all over, but I’m having a hard time finding the measurements of each direction in inches.

Also, wondering the width of the third row seat (edge to edge of the cushion)

Thanks!

OP
OP
StephenPT

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't very clear in my original ask? I found this picture of a 2020 Suburban cargo area dimensions. Chevy says the 2021 is 19% more cargo than the previous generation so I'd like to know which dimensions grew? Anybody have a tape measure they can take to their Suburban/Yukon XL and get similar measurements to the picture? 2020_Suburban_Cargo_Dimensions.jpg

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure where the 'growth' claim came from because those are pretty close to the same dimensions in my XL. I have the GM cargo liner, so that may be a half inch or so, and it's not really squared off, but I have no idea how they came up with that 19% figure. Maybe with the third row down?

OP
OP
StephenPT

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure where the 'growth' claim came from because those are pretty close to the same dimensions in my XL. I have the GM cargo liner, so that may be a half inch or so, and it's not really squared off, but I have no idea how they came up with that 19% figure. Maybe with the third row down?
Thanks for the reply @Pro299 ! I'm wondering if it's the height from the load floor to the ceiling? I believe the load floor moved down because of the independent rear suspension. So, from your measuring of your '21 XL, the 37" deep and 49.5" wide dimensions from the '20 are the same?

Here's where I saw the 19% increase in cargo claim. At least based on the commercial, they make it look like it's gained behind the third row, but maybe you're right and it's a gain based on the overall cargo volume?

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not just side to side, but top to bottom, too. Those dimensions are spot on behind the third seat. I think they must be referring to total cargo space. Maybe if the third row is down, the space to the second row or above it is greater. I doubt they would make the claim if the space weren't there, but just don't know where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby