Swiss cheese mod/ state inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have done the swiss cheese mod and have annual state inspections. Did you pass the emmission test or does this mod impact emmissions at all? I'm do for my inspection this month and wanted to do the mod this weekend but didn't know if this will impact my inspection. Or am I making too much of this?

TunasTwins

2005 Tahoe LS
Reaction score
It will not effect the readiness tests. OBDII requires several systems to complete in order to pass. Your good to go.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
the intake box is surrounded by a fender so if you drill the holes to where its not all over the place they won't even see it
I remember pointing it out to my dad when I got mine smogged and the guy walked over and looked at my intake box and said nothing

and I still passed

the holes are supposed to be underneath the filter so you are only drawing in more air.. more debris can't get in because of the filter so yes you are making too much of it :cheers:

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda what I thought. Making to much of it, thanks for the feedback. Hoe92, would you say the mod was worth it?

ChazMan

Reaction score
More air "alone" would not make more power. You have to have more fuel as well to make more power.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
you are correct chaz but you are keeping the intake cool which is more efficient
never said more horsepower

and yes well worth the 5 minutes me and clean95 spent sectioning out a huge chunk on my intake box

love the sound it makes :)

TunasTwins

2005 Tahoe LS
Reaction score
More air "alone" would not make more power. You have to have more fuel as well to make more power.
GM tunes PLENTY of fuel at WOT, too much IMO. The fuel is there. Did I feel a difference? Not really. Did EFI live see a difference? Like 2% more airflow from the MAF. Thats my scientific/drunk response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52