Need engine tuned in west-central Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need someone to tune my '07 Tahoe. I ran it for years after having it tuned so that DOD/AFM were deleted. Has a cat-back and CAI (Sounds great!) But I dropped two cylinders and assumed it had a coupla lifters collapse (Yeah I know what assuming does! 1f641.png ).
I found an aluminum block Gen IV engine on Marketplace that already had an AMS Racing non-AFM DOD delete cam and lifters installed. Engine was about what I would have paid for the DOD-AFM delete kit.
I have had a heart attack and couldn't install the engine myself. A friend of my son installed the engine (He has a part-time shop and I paid him.). But the new engine is running rich on both banks and setting off PO300, PO175 and PO172 codes. He doesn't know how to tune it.
I took it to the shop that had deleted the DOD-AFM years ago, but they got all snarky because I didn't have them rebuild my original engine and they just charged me $145 after two days and just told me what codes it was throwing! 1f641.png
Can anybody in west-central Indiana help this old one-eyed fatman?

OP
OP
B

BobM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Changed engines and CEL and Stabilitrack lights keep coming on. Finally found someone to tune it Next week (Sept23rd). The tuner guy thinks it might be the cheap injectors I got from Amazon. I'll let ya know.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an appointment Monday.
Finally found someone to tune it next week (Sept23rd).
The tuner guy thinks it might be the cheap injectors I got from Amazon.
Since your tuner has the good sense to suspect injectors bought from Amazon, I feel compelled to ask:
Why are you keeping your tuner a secret?

Just buy a set of GM OE L9H / L94 injectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100