system lean bank 1 & 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vladimir1914

Reaction score
Got an 03 denali and my check engine light comes on at times, checked it out and said something to the sort, system lean bank 1 & bank 2...does anyone know what that is? I think i saw a post about maybe it being the intake gasket???

Or the o2 sensors.

Thanks guys!

Copland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi.

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Might be the intake gasket or any other connection to the manifold as well. Could also be a clogged fuel filter, this would be the first and easiest one to check it out. I doubt about the o2 sensors when the lean condition is located on both banks, cause it would be very unlikely that the o2 sensors on both banks are shot at the same time. So try the fuel filter first and check for vacuum leaks as well. A faulty fuel pump could also be the culprit, so check the fuel pressure too...

Greetings

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
Not sure how the Volant Cold air intake is, but my K&N seems to wiggle off about once a year. I get the bank 1 & 2 lean codes. When I get it all tightened up the CEL goes off after a few starts.

See if you can pull it off by hand...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365