Crazy phantom door dome light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

541DenaliErick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey crew, this is my first post, sorry to post based an issue! I promise I will show off my personal truck soon!
So, I have a customers 2007 GMC yukon. It has a crazy issue I havent been able to fully diagnose.
The interior lights will come on at random and erratically, BUT it does seem to be related to the drivers door.
It happens no matter what the condition. It also affects anything related to the doors opening such as auto door locks (the locks will cycle locked while driving due to auto door locks), the fob will lock but the alarm will not arm (due to the VTD not arming as it senses a door open. Additionally if the issue happens after the system arms, the alarm WILL go oof as the car thinks a door opened while armed).
Whats crazy is that while driving, the DIC will not chime and alert you that "X" door is ajar, yet the dome lights will turn on and the BCM reports on live data that the reason for dome lights is DOOR AJAR.
The front two door modules are properly reporting latch open/close positions and the data pids for these will be correct even when the dome lights are on. The other door switches and tailgate/lift glass are reporting closed/open positions properly as well. Additionally, if any of these are opened in gear or while driving, the DIC will display "X" door ajar and there is a chime.
The customer reports the BCM has been replaced with no change. The BCM is a "reman" pre programmed unit. I have programmed it via SPS with the option to delete automatic door locking, so the software flash is now correct for the vehicle.
I am lost on where to dig to find the issue. Im hoping you guys have the time to share ideas on what to check as its really getting under my skin lol.
I really pride myself with my diagnostic abilities, but this one is kicking my ass so hard.
I made these quick videos to show my state of progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035