Tahoe 04 or !!! Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal bud! Pot up some pics when you get it! What are your plans for it?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a new member to this forum i would like to greet you all.

i have been reading this forum since i was forst interested in the tahoe.
now the issue is that i have a bmw 520i year 2000 and i am thinking of replacing it with a nice clean tahoe 04 lt full option like a z71. 5.3l.
i can afford the gas and everything but my only problem is that i am afraid of regret for selling the bmw. it is very sporty and i am 23 so if you were in my place and with a reasonable not passionate thinking what would you do please all i need your opinions !!!!!!!!!!!

thank you anyways.

BMW 520i 17"
Buick century 94 fully loaded
keep the BMW.

I doubt you are anywhere near the 300,000 mile mark that an e39 will go without major repairs.
a 10 year old 5 series BMW is like a 3-5 year old japanese car or US car. they are just that much better built. Mine was 18 years old with 200k on it.

A tahoe on the other hand would be hard to repair, hard to get parts for, expensive to operate.

OP
OP
A

a.emerezian

Reaction score
AS I said before i live in Israel and we don't have store like the ones you have in the states but if you know a way for required parts to be delivered here that would be awsome i really wouldn't do much except for a drop kit and a dash bezel and that im not so sure about.

when i get that car i'll post a lot a photos here .

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AS I said before i live in Israel and we don't have store like the ones you have in the states but if you know a way for required parts to be delivered here that would be awsome i really wouldn't do much except for a drop kit and a dash bezel and that im not so sure about.

and a water pump, and spark plugs, and belts, and hoses, and plug wires, and electronic control units, and >>>>>>
that is the concern, you would have to airmail in all replacement parts.

OP
OP
A

a.emerezian

Reaction score
EAGLE thank you and you are absolutely right for a BMW would run for more than extra 10 years without any interruption but the problem is in me I need to feel a change and i thought that a sporty classy huge and one of a kind truck would be more than enough to make feel a huge difference and for my budget the tahoe seems better than buing a 05 5 series BMW .
ALL u need to know is that if the tahoe would have major problems or not ? the car im buying is extra clean and i asked for mechanics and all the parts from brakes to the car computer are present so what do you think ??

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

EAGLE you misunderstood me more than two huge stores are present in israel concerned only in american cars and i would face no problem with mechanics but what i meant was if i needed an extra part like the drop kit or such a thing that i would have to ship so what do you think now ?

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you seem very set on it, so I wish you good luck. I certainly enjoy mine... my only concern is your ability to maintain it, *** you say that isn;t an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou