Tahoe 2022 order - delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Placed my order in November, still not allocated. Dealership is filling their lot before ordering mine. You may be in the same boat. 1100 means it is not allocated…….waited to order my diesel and now it’s on constraint again…..

Two months is not that long. Something you ordered is probably on constraint, so can’t go through. Dealer can still order cars, that are not constrained, for their lot in the meantime. That’s not really cutting in front of you.

Reaction score
This is what the dealer will have available in the next 4-6 weeks. I am not sure if I should keep waiting for the one I ordered or drop my "demands" (Duramax, bench seat, and entertainment system) and go with this one instead.
I would potentially take the one they have available in your situation. You are limited with Hawaii being your location as you said. I understand needing the vehicle for your family. I think duramax or a sunroof or rear entertainment (if you ordered that) are holding up your current order and neither one of those are being accepted right now due to constraints. You could even trade later. The vehicle should hold its value well especially with 4wd. We really like the 2nd row buckets in our Tahoe. Car seats do just fine in them just like the bench. Good luck. That all sounds very frustrating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would potentially take the one they have available in your situation. You are limited with Hawaii being your location as you said. I understand needing the vehicle for your family. I think duramax or a sunroof or rear entertainment (if you ordered that) are holding up your current order and neither one of those are being accepted right now due to constraints. You could even trade later. The vehicle should hold its value well especially with 4wd. We really like the 2nd row buckets in our Tahoe. Car seats do just fine in them just like the bench. Good luck. That all sounds very frustrating.
That's what I ended up doing. I ended up having them place my deposit on the one that is coming in in 4-6 weeks. I was really worried they pre-sold it to someone else but luckily was able to score it. The only major differences are the Duramax, entertainment, and no bench seats. We will keep this vehicle for a couple of years and once things calm down or our family's needs change, I will order a different Tahoe or even Suburban at that point. I had bucket seats with my Traverse 2018 and loved it. I decided to try bench just so I could have three car seats in a row and fold down the third row entirely to make cargo area bigger when/if needed. I am glad you like the 2nd row in yours. I hope it will work well for our family. I called like 20-25 different dealerships all across the West Coast and the struggle is real for everyone all around. It sounds like a lot of people have to give up certain features or have a timeline that allows them to wait for however long it takes.

Reaction score
That's what I ended up doing. I ended up having them place my deposit on the one that is coming in in 4-6 weeks. I was really worried they pre-sold it to someone else but luckily was able to score it. The only major differences are the Duramax, entertainment, and no bench seats. We will keep this vehicle for a couple of years and once things calm down or our family's needs change, I will order a different Tahoe or even Suburban at that point. I had bucket seats with my Traverse 2018 and loved it. I decided to try bench just so I could have three car seats in a row and fold down the third row entirely to make cargo area bigger when/if needed. I am glad you like the 2nd row in yours. I hope it will work well for our family. I called like 20-25 different dealerships all across the West Coast and the struggle is real for everyone all around. It sounds like a lot of people have to give up certain features or have a timeline that allows them to wait for however long it takes.
Glad you were able to put your name on that one! Sounds like y’all have a good plan!

Kmorales424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer and he said the Arlington plant was shut down for 3 weeks in January. So I guess that’s why my order has been at 1100.

Randy2876

Reaction score
Hi,

We ordered the new Tahoe 2022 on October 11th. To this date, the order has been stuck on 1100 status. I got in touch with our dealership, and I was told I am looking at another three months before the vehicle gets here (Hawaii). I keep trying to find out if there are any delays. Or how does the process work since I have seen people who ordered theirs month or so later and already have production week etc? I ordered LT, 4WD, Duramax with luxury and entertainment packages. I keep getting conflicting updates; Chevrolet/GM says one thing, dealership another. Do I keep waiting and hope for the best? Do I cancel the order? So I order something else?
My take is that you shouldn't rely on your dealer for information, they are useless. I have 4 dealers nearby, and they all just tell me to be patient. You can get better information on this forum. I too have had a Tahoe Premiere on order since they opened up, and I too am still at 1100. The best information I have heard seems to indicate that there won't be any luxury packages produced until at least March, and even then, the numbers are likely to be limited. I'm in a position that I can wait, but if you can't you might want to think about another make or model. Just my 2 cents worth.

beefcake83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It looks like you were able to score one that was coming in. If not, drop the RSE. It’s not worth the cost. Just buy some iPads and stick them back there for the kids. That’s what I did and it is so much easier.

Keep the bench! We had captains chairs in our previous vehicle and I am so glad I went with the bench for this one. It suits my family better.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer and he said the Arlington plant was shut down for 3 weeks in January. So I guess that’s why my order has been at 1100.
What caused the plant to shut down? Is there another plant that is still up and running?

Cabinetman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the plant was shut down that long. I ordered my Z71 Tahoe on 12/14/21. It was built the week of 1/17/22 and is currently in transit to my dealer. Since my dealer is about 20 miles from the Arlington plant, I assume it will be here this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n