Tahoe 2024 GM Exhaust Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darrensc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks - recently got a Tahoe RST 2024 with the Sports Performance Package, so already have the dual-exit exhaust.

I've been looking for a slightly gruntier sound but mostly when WOT. We do go on road trips often so I don't want something too loud while cruising.

Chevrolet have 2 different exhaust upgrades:

1/ 6.2L Cat-Back Dual-Rear Exit Through-the-Bumper Exhaust Upgrade System with Quad Chrome Tips (for Short Wheelbase Models) by Borla®. Part number: 19433760.

2/ 6.2L Cat-Back Dual-Exit Exhaust Upgrade System. Part number: 84888291

I've seen a lot of different statements around on whether:
1/ The 2nd one is also made from Borla
2/ Whether the 1st one is a Touring, S-Type or somewhere in between
3/ How loud is the 2nd from stock and if it's worth the upgrade

Would love some first-hand insights from anyone who have any of these or tried both! Thanks!

iamlegion

Reaction score
This was clarified in on of the many threads about the 6.2 performance exhaust conversations.
Do you have it yet? I thought the 2024+ with the 6.2 all came with the dual mode exhaust.

OP
OP
D

darrensc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen conflicting info so wanted to get clear answers.

Yes the 2024 comes with dual mode exhaust, are you saying that's the same as 84888291?

iamlegion

Reaction score
No, it’s totally different. Dual mode will have a valve when you change in and out of sport mode. Yours should be considerably louder when in sport if you have it.

If you have that I would not expect any of the OEM aftermarket options to sound louder or perform better.

If yours does not change then they may sound a bit better but nothing OEM will be too loud.

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was clarified in on of the many threads about the 6.2 performance exhaust conversations.
Do you have it yet? I thought the 2024+ with the 6.2 all came with the dual mode exhaust.
I bought a 2024 Tahoe 6.2 RST and after digging into RPO codes and calling the Chevy customer line, I found that contrary to reports that came out in 2023 that all 6.2s would get active exhaust for 2024, that ended up not being the case unfortunately.

I do like the stock 6.2 dual-exit quad-tip exhaust sound, but wish it was a little more aggressive under throttle. I'm also considering upgrading to the GMPP exhaust.

Btw, active exhaust would have the RPO code of NPP if it was equipped. When building trucks on the Chevy website you can option clearly labeled "active exhaust" for the Silverado, but that option is not available for the Tahoes. I don't know yet if early 2024 6.2 Tahoes got active exhaust and then Chevy stopped offering it, or if Chevy changed their mind before that and no 2024 6.2 Tahoes got the active exhaust.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if any of the 24 Tahoes/Yukons/Escalades have dual mode exhaust. I have a 24 Yukon AT4 XL and the only thing I believe sport mode does is hold the gears on shifts longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrettman