Tahoe PPV (police package)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver Trooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased my PPV (silver birch) from the NC Surplus Division via Ebay. At 146K miles, it was higher than those listed earlier and at $12900, it was also pricier, but they take EXCEPTIONAL care of their vehicles and are initially ordered with the fact they will retail them at the end of their service life. Mine has full black carpeting, CD radio with MP3 input (which I have now replaced with a JVC KWAV61BT) and no spotlights. The two lights in the lift gate were professionally removed and there is no trace of body work. Best of all it was spotless inside, no dings of any kind on the outside and they gave me every service ticket that had been written for it since new. I went to pick it up (I am in SC so I rented a car and drove up saving shipping), they met me at the airport rental and within an hour I was on the road. Very professional! It handles like it was on rails, has great power all through the band and if I run 65-70 on the interstate I am getting a tick under 20 MPG, and that is with a four speed auto and 3:73's (plus it could use a tune and throttle body service).

Tmg115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a brand new 2014 PPV with 4 miles on it. I like it a lot. It is a little different than regular Tahoes. I love the way it handles. My only complaint is the ride just sucks. I am going to put on civilian front struts when I get the time. I sure hope that will help. Other than the ride I love the truck.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tmg115,

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver Trooper,
I purchased mine from there as well. While mine was not as perfect as your sounds, it is in great condition and for considerably less, it was well worth it. I like the silver, sharp looking truck.

Tmg115,
Nice purchase.
The reason it handles so well is because of the suspension. If you replace the suspension, it will drive like a standard Tahoe, therefor will not handle as well. And, if you replace the front, you'll have to replace the rear as well. Otherwise your front will sit higher than the rear.

cor

Reaction score
It would be cool to get a detailed picture setup of the dual battery on a true ppv.

Tmg115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tmg115,
Nice purchase.
The reason it handles so well is because of the suspension. If you replace the suspension, it will drive like a standard Tahoe, therefor will not handle as well. And, if you replace the front, you'll have to replace the rear as well. Otherwise your front will sit higher than the rear.

I just put on standard front struts and springs on my ppv. I did not do the rears. The height is still the same and i do not notice a difference in the handling. It did help the ride but you can still feel the stiffness in the rear.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

It would be cool to get a detailed picture setup of the dual battery on a true ppv.

I have duel batteries. It is just a basic duel battery set up. The main battery has some crazy fused electrical wires on it but the second battery is just an average set up.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on standard front struts and springs on my ppv. I did not do the rears. The height is still the same and i do not notice a difference in the handling. It did help the ride but you can still feel the stiffness in the rear.

You have the oversized jounce pads.
If you remove them and put standard ones on or cut them down.
That should make a noticeable difference.

Dirty 30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly which components were used to lower a 2009 Tahoe PPV from the factory?
Thanks
Jesse

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pedders is no longer in business in the usa. You will have to look at bell tech for a 2/3 spring kit. There are also several venders on this forum with other types of solutions.

The ppv parts are available from your local GM dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM