Tahoe runs better than ever b/c of seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95slowhoe

Reaction score
Well over the weekend i finally broke down and changed my intake manifold gaskets in my 95 Tahoe. When i first pulled the intake off i found handfuls of carbon build up in the motors valley. So today i went and bought a can of seafoam and ran it through the intake. Now my motor has better throttle response and it idles smooth and not like it has a big cam in it.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW.. this is weird. just after i got back from Mexico. i purchase 2 seafoam cans.. one for my 3 cylinder Geo Metro, and 1 for my GMC yukon..

i put half a can on my Geo Metro while the engine is running and burn all that bad deposits. and the other half which i just drop into the carburetor while the engine is OFF and let it De-solve over night and clean my engine.. i just HOPE It dont Hydro-lock my shit.. seen its OIL base it don't see why it will.

Ohh ye.. i drop a whole CAN of Sea-foam While my GMC Yukon is off.. and iam going to Drop another Can of Sea-foam While the Engine is Running to clean all that bad deposit

Just to let you know.. if you have the tools to do Fuel Injection CLeaning you could use seafoam too.. 50%Seafoam/50% Fuel.. it works best and cheap

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

HOly SHOT!!! i woke up this morning to run to Costco to get some chicken. the engine Start fine after strong charge into the engine battery.

I started the engine. then BOOM>. smoke smoke smoke.. i guest i had alot of JUNK in my TRUNK.. well after the smoke clear up a little.. (the neighborhood was looking at me like crazy)

Well i drive the car all over town. oh man i was so embarrassing. i fell like a broke ass Mexican that can afford a better car. My car was smoking while i drive.. holy moly i hate that felling.

Well.. i check the oil, and it show no Leak of water coolant.. reason i check is because i heard that seafoam is bad for gas-kit if you leave it over nigth.. haha i guest i dint care.. so easy to change gasket anyway.

Well i will drive it around all over town. maybe i go fell up the gas and drive to L.A and see what happen.

Last edited:

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoam is awesome stuff for sure!! I use it in my 99 Hoe every thrid fill-up. I use it in my Trailblazer the same. I put it in my lawnmower and presure washer. I had a 90 Blazer with a 350 TBI that had O2 sensor problems 2 cans of seafoam and 2 tanks of gas and the CEL went out on my dash! I live by seafoam! Great stuff!

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seafoam every vehicle i get shortly after i get it.Its one of the first things i do....

IMO,if you do it right,its a good bang for the buck.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am that kind of a guy that cares about what the neighborhood safety.. JK

i just dont want them to call the fire department.. i have to fine a good place todo this Seafoam thing.. its alot of smoke..

OP
OP

95slowhoe

Reaction score
Since i had good luck with i am going to start using it regularly now. When i get closer to my next oil change i am going to drop half a can in the crankcase. Then see what comes out when i change the oil.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since i had good luck with i am going to start using it regularly now. When i get closer to my next oil change i am going to drop half a can in the crankcase. Then see what comes out when i change the oil.

Honestly.. i will rather Put Motor Flush into the Crackcase, rather than using Sea-foam, its cheaper and alot better than sea-foam.

you could purchase Motor Flush at Autozone

You could just add that half your about to put into the crankcase and put into the gas or Vacuum hoses

Mcoffey24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About a year ago I ran seafoam in the brake booster line in my Tahoe and about a week later I had to replace the injectors (not related) and had noticed when I pulled the plenum that the seafoam only cleaned the rear 4 cylinders and the front 4 were still extremely dirty. So what are you guys doing to get to the front 4? Are you poring some down the TB?

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I ran seafoam in the brake booster line in my Tahoe and about a week later I had to replace the injectors (not related) and had noticed when I pulled the plenum that the seafoam only cleaned the rear 4 cylinders and the front 4 were still extremely dirty. So what are you guys doing to get to the front 4? Are you poring some down the TB?

Yes. i know exactly what you are talking about.. the way i solve this problme is easy..

I Purchase 1 Can or 2 Can of Sea-Foam. remove 1 quart of OIL..

Drop 1 to two can of Sea Foam into your Intake.. let it soak for 2 days.. the rest of the Oil drip slowly into my engine oil..

it will have a hard time starting the engine.. i had to put battery charger with a ENGINE START Feature to give lots of power into the starter.. and i let it charge for about 10 minutes and keep the ENGINE start ON.

I started the engine.. it will not fire up after 15 Cranks. it slowly Start.. .. man.. everything was smoking.. I let the truck RUN for about 30 minutes by it self on IDLE.. and then drove the truck around..

hope it work for you..

just to let you know.. it will not HYDRO LOCK.. its an OIL base lubrication. it will not dry the cylinder wall. IT cleans it and lubricate it..

P.S

IF you dont have a Batter Charger with a ENGINE start Feature.. Remove the spark plugs.. that will help crank the engine..

IT WORKS GREAT FOR ME

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035