Tahoe Upgrades for a Carpenter/Mobile Mechanic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gvfarms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s my workhorse, an 02 Tahoe with an 04 Suburban motor, monster transmissions 4l60e, 2020 Texas Edition rims, I’m a carpenter for a firm that deals with property management work, so I get into a lot of crap along with being a mobile mechanic for my family’s farm in my free time and for friends, I have a 30” harbor freight top toolbox in the trunk full of my wrenches and such, along with all of my carpentry tools around it and on the folded down second row, my question is has anybody ever installed a truck bedslide into their gmt800 Tahoe/Yukon? And if you’re also in similar trades as me what did you do to optimize the efficiency of working out of your truck? Thank you all!?hash=14b6c7a886a4e381428f70f83ffdb800.jpgIMG_6842.jpegIMG_5228.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6163.jpeg
    IMG_6163.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 3

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Here’s my workhorse, an 02 Tahoe with an 04 Suburban motor, monster transmissions 4l60e, 2020 Texas Edition rims, I’m a carpenter for a firm that deals with property management work, so I get into a lot of crap along with being a mobile mechanic for my family’s farm in my free time and for friends, I have a 30” harbor freight top toolbox in the trunk full of my wrenches and such, along with all of my carpentry tools around it and on the folded down second row, my question is has anybody ever installed a truck bedslide into their gmt800 Tahoe/Yukon? And if you’re also in similar trades as me what did you do to optimize the efficiency of working out of your truck? Thank you all!View attachment 436691View attachment 436688View attachment 436690
Be easy me AND my buddy have bad TERRIBLE luck with monster transmissions… he literally blew through like 4-5 before they refused to warranty it anymore I only went through one I got my truck drove it from Fayetteville to Davis nc a good haul the next day she lost everything I made it halfway up my street and she just let loose it was a miracle I even made it home from Fayetteville! Fluid smelled fine and looked good when I checked it during my inspection but after it fell out and I got under and realized the transmission was purple it hit me (fcking monster) no wonder it fell out that’s the same transmission that Brandon tore up 25 times in a row lmao
Sorry for the off topic rant

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Here’s my workhorse, an 02 Tahoe with an 04 Suburban motor, monster transmissions 4l60e, 2020 Texas Edition rims, I’m a carpenter for a firm that deals with property management work, so I get into a lot of crap along with being a mobile mechanic for my family’s farm in my free time and for friends, I have a 30” harbor freight top toolbox in the trunk full of my wrenches and such, along with all of my carpentry tools around it and on the folded down second row, my question is has anybody ever installed a truck bedslide into their gmt800 Tahoe/Yukon? And if you’re also in similar trades as me what did you do to optimize the efficiency of working out of your truck? Thank you all!View attachment 436691View attachment 436688View attachment 436690
My carpenter buddy built a big sub box in the truck for two 18s surprisingly he added two long ass drawers under the sub box like a cabinet drawer to store his tools and misc stuff in beings he no longer had trunk space he made it out of birch 3/4” plywood stained sealed and had soft close locking hinges so it didn’t rattle so bad beings your a carpenter that could be a more cost effective option that you could customize to your needs… beings your not a bass head the drawers were maybe a couple feet deep the top of them could act as a shelf for groceries materials or whatever else you need back there

Personally I got what you already got a normal black plastic tote with all my shit just tossed in it but it drives me crazy how unorganized it is everytime I need something and I’ve definitely procrastinated on coming up with a tool organizer solution to easily find what I need I’d rather dump a bag full of wrench’s out just to find that one 15mm in too cheap to buy a full tool box set that has everything in it easily accessible lol

OP
OP
G

gvfarms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Be easy me AND my buddy have bad TERRIBLE luck with monster transmissions… he literally blew through like 4-5 before they refused to warranty it anymore I only went through one I got my truck drove it from Fayetteville to Davis nc a good haul the next day she lost everything I made it halfway up my street and she just let loose it was a miracle I even made it home from Fayetteville! Fluid smelled fine and looked good when I checked it during my inspection but after it fell out and I got under and realized the transmission was purple it hit me (fcking monster) no wonder it fell out that’s the same transmission that Brandon tore up 25 times in a row lmao
Sorry for the off topic rant
Funny you say that this is my 5th one from them in this truck and currently about to file a claim with the attorney general of Florida with them

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Funny you say that this is my 5th one from them in this truck and currently about to file a claim with the attorney general of Florida with them
Monster transmissions are awful lol
Get you a performabuilt or a RPM built 4l60 and you won’t have no issues my buddy’s had both and beat the immortal shit out of them in his Camaro with 0 issues at all!
I recently got a built 4l60 with a billet converter from AMMCO a couple months back and it’s been holding up great! I dig the shit out of it too and do quite a bit of burnouts and doughnuts drifting around corners and shit in my big ass truck… they give me a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty and had it done in a half week that’s why I went through them instead of getting the performabuilt with no warranty for the same price and I would’ve had to do the performabuilt myself and still would’ve needed a converter for it.
My truck is huge and this trans even after dogging it for hours on end trying to get home on crew change day it don’t get hot at all maintains 165-175* with the stock trans cooler. I had planned to do a tru cool 40k cooler but it ain’t give me a reason too yet so I’m just gunna send it!IMG_9600.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta