That little motor overhead,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Key word being "Sunroof" there....

I knew someone was gonna point that out after I wrote it. I believe you can also access the motor if you take off the trim around the door frame and pull the headliner down after that.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i usually just bump on mine when it makes the noise and it will stop, ive also heard that blowing compressed air in there would help-something about the dust building up

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard high, compressed air cleans it, helps lower the buzzing sound...<shrugs shoulders>

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^+1

heard that too. worth a try before going through all the work to remove the liner and all...

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... i never even knew what that was above my head. Figured it was for onstar or something.. Never heard mine do anything.

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey edzarr, are you sure the tapping you hear is the flapper door? that's what it sounded like to me also, but it actually was the spring for the glove box latch. it doesn't come apart so what i did was stuff some.... geez i dont even remember now but a piece of a napkin or paper or something ,you get the idea. My sanity has improved greatly since figuring this out.

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not to jack this thread but i have a vibrating noise when im running my a/c but it only starts up when i have the yukon stopped with my foot on the brake. while i have my foot on the brake i can turn the a/c off and it goes away and when i turn it on it comes back. for the life of me i cant figure out whats causing it but if any of you guys know could you please feel me in. im confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms