The Transformation Begins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

css49017

Reaction score
Just started my Suburban LTZ transformation to a Escalade ESV...

Replaced the whole front clip, added Escalade running boars, roof racks, all 3 rear lights thanks to Yeti, rear bumper.

Front head lights where plug and play, had to splice into the harness to wire the turn signals and put new plug for fogs.

This has been a fun project and almost done, will have pictures when its not doom and gloom out.

***Update***

Ok everything is working now, all is well in the Burbalade...I have a buddy making me Decepticon Emblems for the front and rear to replace the cadillac emblems.
Once I get them installed and it washed I will update pics

I picked up a Plastic Welder and let me tell you it works wonders, saved my bacon on a lot of parts, especially a tab on the headlights!

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. :popcorn:

Although if you make it look like a factory stock Escalade whats the point? Millions of soccer moms already have a real stock Escalade.

Jmho

PlatinumYukon

Reaction score
goodinblack,

The point is that is what he likes the looks of. Its called being free to do what makes one happy. If it makes him happy and he wants to share that with everyone, why now. Some people like the grilles of one vs the other and vice a versa on other parts. Perhaps other people too want to do similar mods. If he wants to Frankenstein his vehicle to get it where it makes him happy, more power to css49017! Would love to see some pics myself.

OP
OP
css49017

css49017

Reaction score
Ok.... running into problems but fixing them as I go, airbag sensors in all 4 doors are different, so I got a air bag error, took the 4 out of my stock doors and installed them, problem gone.

Installed rear hatch, the 2010 hatch has a extra plug so not sure what its to, but the main wiring harness plugs in and all works, just back up camera does not work, so in 2010 they might have wired the camera through that plug, need to figure this out.

Mirrors have avoidance in the mirrors, and they didn't have this is 07 so I have to disable the avoidance on the mirrors.

The wiring harness for the drivers door is wired different but same plugs so I have a guy going to look at that Monday.

I am thinking of lifting it 6 inch's to make it stand out, but not sure yet.

Once I can get it out of the garage and washed I will post up some pictures.

OP
OP
css49017

css49017

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures, sorry its dirty, I live in the country and its MUDDY around here.

Having the electrical ironed out Monday, then all that's left is to figure out backup camera issue.

If anyone is close to me, I have a bunch of Black Suburban body parts " Hood, all 4 door's, rear hatch etc etc "

965C4719-7CED-43D5-8F74-1AAD8F58ED30_zpsyfamx39z.gif
FDE5D7AC-97B0-4D25-8427-367AE04B5C8C_zpsvwzqsuax.gif
03313C50-85E8-43D6-8E87-D51A0B3EA6F8_zpshxqb94jz.gif
D7770C36-5E1C-4271-8571-8DFAD85BB3CD_zpsy9avszds.gif

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Update, I ordered custom Crome lettering to match the same lettering on the Escalade to say " BURBALADE " So I will have that on both front doors and rear hatch.

I am trying to find a place to make custom logos so I can put batman or transformer logos where the Escalade logos go on the front and back.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that's a crazy project! Are you going to do anything to the interior? How will you explain this when you sell it? And your house looks pretty sweet, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
you in michigan? looks like a MI plate!

Looks good! nice 5.3L muffler!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate