These 2023 power light up steps look fugly. Am I alone in this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
Said the same when I took delivery of a 21 Denali XL back in October 2020. I think it is extremely cheap looking to have each light being separated like that . . . . . . Should have been a full strip. I absolutely hated it, but now I have lowly Z71 Tahoe with fixed boards so I can’t complain. lol
I'm not alone in this world!!!!!!! :chewie:

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This must be a personal preference thing, I see they are individual lights, spaced, but they do what they are suppose to do, light up the area where the step is, not sure it really matters as long as it works.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the retractable boards but agree with the lighting setup. They are plenty bright but you can see the light strip where Id rather just see the ambient light. I have AMP Power Boards on my Silverado. They have 2 individual LEDs on each board that lights the area where you step. I prefer that.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such a subjective (and fun to discuss) topic. How to respond when someone asks "isn't that ugly", or "isn't that beautiful?". When I do not understand or do not agree with something my go-to response is "It's Art!" Take from that what you will.

rswaug

Reaction score
I've got them on our Denali and I think I'm in the middle on it. I do wish they created a lip that hid the light strip a little more or had a solid strip instead of individual lights but I do like the amount of light around the truck when you walk up to it at night.

roybiv99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
22 - Yukon XL Denali - Everyone who see them for the first time at night thinks they are awesome. Esp. once you unlock the doors and they step comes down. From a functional point of view, it serves its main purpose well of lighting the area just outside the doors. I don't think they were intended to only light underneath the vehicle for effect. Just one man's opinion....

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not alone in this world!!!!!!! :chewie:
I like the lights but I guess I’m tall enough to not see them so now I’ve got to go see what you’re talking about. I’ve had my Yukon 14 months. It’s getting close to sunset now

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only see them from a distance as you walk up from the side. I actually only noticed the light strip when it was parked at the top of a steep driveway and I approached from the bottom.
Definitely not a big deal to me.

rico387

Reaction score
Anything that helps to prevent people from stepping in dog dook is okay by me.

Rissj3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I AGREE. I thought the same when took delivery in the evening. I wish they had used a solid strip or hid the individual lights. Don't get me wrong, I love how it illuminates the area, especially for safety, and it definitely looks good. I think they could have taken it a step further with very minimal cost and the same amount of effort, and gotten a more "cleaner" look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065