Throttle Body Spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scarpin16

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me he got an Airaid Poweraid throttle body spacer and immediately saw increased performance.

Was wondering yalls thoughts and opinions on throttle body spacers and also what yall have and what yall would recommend?

Thanks!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're friend told you that either he's....
1. lying to you
2. bamboozled by the whistle
3. an idiot....

Throttle Body Spacers do nothing for performance!! Complete waste of money....

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the stickied post at the top of the page titled "throttle body spacers" and dont believe him nor spend money on one

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers are designed for fuel AND air to pass through ie-carb,tbi... So if its just air passing thought it offers no gains of any kind :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....and door stops:)

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, i have one on both of my vehicles. But like everyone said. The whistle is the really the only reason people get one. When i bought my intake they sent me a free one. I've had a few turbo vehicles so i can appreciate the whining it makes. :)

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahah i heard the same thing from all my buddies back in high school so i bought one for my old stepside. Saw no change whatsoever and i was even more pissed cus i put it on with a cast on my wrist so it took twice as long.