Throttle Positioning Sensor TPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just going to put this out there and if it has already been stated, then so be it.

My problem was that my Tahoe just didn't have a lot of pep in her step under about half throttle. After running cans of Sea Foam through the tank and the upper intake I still didn't get the response I wanted. So I replaced the TPS on the side of the throttle body and it made a HUGE difference. I notice that I am not depressing the gas pedal nearly as far to get going and there is a much faster response. Still have to wait till the next fill up to notice any MPG increases.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have like a bogging down sound in the engine and when you gave it gas it at 1/2 throttle it didnt do anything untill you floored it? cause mine is doing that right now.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ill be damned. stopped by the parts place on the way home and bought a tps and put it on and it fixed my bogging, sluggish feeling. now i need to do plugs and wires and ill be set.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is an 01 tahoe. when i took my tps it was shot the new one was nice and tight and sprung back and old one was loose and didnt spring back.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hm. i might have to grab one. i thought i was just going crazy but i sometimes notice the truck reacts great and sometimes like shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy