tint on chrome bumper? possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LinuxMint

Reaction score
Window tint? I'm not an expert, but that seems like it wouldn't look very good. I don't know if it's any good, I haven't tried it yet, but have you looked into black chrome treatments?

Jose.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why? That would retarded for any reason you give.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no tint expert, but I don't think it would stick well, what with curves and what not.
Just take it and have them sandblasted then painted/powder coated.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tint should stick if preped well, but thats not the problem. The problem would be the chipin/scratches from rocks and debris. Its just the wrong concept. Tint is for windows/glass.

get the bumper sandblasted. or use some paint promoter to bind to the chrome. Plasti Dip may work great too, it seems to be the new thing.

wana keep it simple? get some rattle can paint and a rattle can of clear as well.

zona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sell a transparent vinyl thats used for decals and sign graphics. Not sure if this would help but it would stick better, hold up better than tint. I would not even consider tint.

Look up oracle transparent vinyl. We use it at out shop.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Just do what I did, use that Dupli Color shadow paint. Worked good and actually held up decent for a rattle can job.
Photo2436.jpg
Photo2360.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigrod1965

Latest posts