Tinted Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i payed $175 for windshield and the two fronts

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
This was 50% on entire windshield with upper and lower 5% brows.

DSC03171.jpg

Frontside.jpg

make sure have it tinted before you put on the inspection and registration stickers, that is an easy way for a cop to see it is if he looks at the stickers and they have the tint overtop of them, he will know for sure.

That is one way to do it. I chose to put my stickers on a piece of clear static cling vinyl (which sticks to the tint too), that way there will never be issues with having to peel them and/or damage the tint.

dmerk1978

Reaction score
my question is, are you doing it for looks or function?

with ceramic you can go pretty much stock looking(70%) and it out performs 5% metallic(limo tint)...now if your going for pure looks thats the buyers call because it's your truck.

either way, what shade you decide to go, ceramic film is light years better than metallic just cost a lil more....

where in Cali are you?

my tahoe's(both of them) were wrapped right over stock at 70% and i have zero static from the cops. thats the goal for me...no fix it tickets with having a fully modded ride

Tcwhite

Reaction score
Why do alot of people have brows on their windshield? If I do it I'm going to have the while windshield tinted. I don't understand the brows.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i say ceramic i am speaking of the 3m cyrstallyine your link refers too.... best there is

That tint is no joke. No joke at all...it's 80deg here already and my truck is black on the inside now. Completely black in fact, top to bottom carpet and all. It's cooler in my truck than outside when I open it up.

B

pr_venom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey ex, you can get it tinted, but you might have problems with the cops, it all dependes on where you live cuz im in TN and i have allways tinted my windshields on all my cars 35% and i have never had a cop pull me over for it.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips for finding a good shop to do it? I cant seem to find any that go down to 5%. Or would it be worth trying to do myself?

OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Any tips for finding a good shop to do it? I cant seem to find any that go down to 5%. Or would it be worth trying to do myself?

your gonna try and tint your whole windshield 5%? And by yourself? Haha thats nuts man. :ehcapt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts