Tires: 265/60 vs 265/70

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aniwack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a new PPV owner and the auction stuck on four really crappy junk tires after they took the pictures [imagine that] and now I'm having to get new tires before I hit the road. The tire shop in town wants to put 265/70-17's on it [as other Tahoe's use the same size] and doesn't have 265/60-17's. Besides the obvious 3% size difference between the two sizes has anyone ever sized up and what has your experience??

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I put KO2 all terrain tires on my PPV, the smallest size was 265/65-17. The speedometer is off just a bit at 70mph. Assuming you have the 3.08 gears, you might notice the transmission hunting between 5th and 6th on the highway.
Oops, I meant to tag you. @aniwack

If you want them the Goodyear RSA tires are available through larger shops. In Texas, Discount Tire can get them.

OP
OP
A

aniwack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Sparksalot. I was concerned that the tire would not be the right dimensions and cause problems.

OP
OP
A

aniwack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok fine twist my arm. lol
2012 PPV formerly of Louisina State Patrol. 193k converted to cargo mode to haul loads and roadside assistance. The cloth seats were destroyed they've been swapped out with leather seats from a Yukon. I had an old lightbar that fit all the holes perfectly to stop the leaks. Runs like a champ the only legit mechanical issue was the power steering brass line was crushed by a J-hook. Runs like a scalded dog. Replaced the old smashed headlight housings with eBay specials that fit and stuck LED's in everything. Still on the fence if I want to put a winch on the old bumper mount.

Attachments

• IMG_8353.jpg
    IMG_8353.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8355.jpg
    IMG_8355.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8401.jpg
    IMG_8401.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 7

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok fine twist my arm. lol
2012 PPV formerly of Louisina State Patrol. 193k converted to cargo mode to haul loads and roadside assistance. The cloth seats were destroyed they've been swapped out with leather seats from a Yukon. I had an old lightbar that fit all the holes perfectly to stop the leaks. Runs like a champ the only legit mechanical issue was the power steering brass line was crushed by a J-hook. Runs like a scalded dog. Replaced the old smashed headlight housings with eBay specials that fit and stuck LED's in everything. Still on the fence if I want to put a winch on the old bumper mount.
You’re a lot younger than I guessed!

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate on the tires, like mentioned you can get the speedo fixed. Worth getting a driveability tune at least, and when you pay for that it'll unlock your VIN and they can change the speedo then for the right tire size. A good tuner will know where to go to grab someone else's tune for a stock'ish Tahoe of your year, to clean up the fuel maps across the board and to clean up a lot with the trans as well.

And welcome to the forum! Love the white, looks like you've already made some big jumps with the interior swap and everything. Love the white also, I'm jealous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo