Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe with 265/70/R16 tires. It's about time for new tires, and a local store has a buy three get one free deal on a set of Cooper AT3 or ATR tires. Anybody have a set of these on their vehicle?

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe with 265/70/R16 tires. It's about time for new tires, and a local store has a buy three get one free deal on a set of Cooper AT3 or ATR tires. Anybody have a set of these on their vehicle?

Michelin MS II 70000 mile tire best tire I have ever owned

Campi3ell

Reaction score
While it's not the AT3, I just put Cooper discoverer CTS on Yukon.
Just came from a quick haul to Texas and back, they glided on freeway. Great ride.

OP
OP
S

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those Michelin's were actually what I originally wanted to get about a month ago. Unfortunately though, my college budget won't allow it. Thinking real hard about these Coopers, because I can get a set of four for just over 600 bucks. There's only one shop around here that sells Michelin's, and the only deal they have going on is a $50 gift card when you buy a set of Mastercraft tires.
I drove a 2500HD with a set of Cooper STT's on it, and it was all over the highway. That's what my main concern is with getting Coopers. Any troubles like that, Camp?

Campi3ell

Reaction score
Those Michelin's were actually what I originally wanted to get about a month ago. Unfortunately though, my college budget won't allow it. Thinking real hard about these Coopers, because I can get a set of four for just over 600 bucks. There's only one shop around here that sells Michelin's, and the only deal they have going on is a $50 gift card when you buy a set of Mastercraft tires.
I drove a 2500HD with a set of Cooper STT's on it, and it was all over the highway. That's what my main concern is with getting Coopers. Any troubles like that, Camp?

My problem is that she drives like she's in a stiff wind at times. Small corrections needed to track a straight line. Alignment helped some. New tires helped some. So far, she tracks like she did with the Michelin's i replaced.

I see that it's a (for lack of better word) problem that others have talked about, but like you, my college budget prevents costly searches.
(Someone said switching to thicker rear stabilizer bar solves it, but i cant remember where i read that).

OP
OP
S

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Luckily, when I go back to school in October, one of the classes that we're taking is steering, suspension, and alignment. So, after I get some new tires, I'll get an alignment for free. (or at least know how to do one, so I can do it for myself back at the dealership haha)

I have looked at beefing up the suspension in the rear, but that's going to have to wait until I get through schooling and my tools paid off.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have General Grabbers on my Denali and have been pleased. They track well on the highway and handle ice and snow well.

Bedhead514

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently have Cooper tires on my Yukon, and have no complaints. I've also had Coopers on previous vehicles and they've never given me problems. I think they're good tires for the money, and will continue to buy them.

OP
OP
S

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Got a scheduled appointment at the tire shop tomorrow. (I work at what is probably the only dealership that doesn't mount tires lmao) May have to wash up the hoe and get a pic taken with the new tires for the forum sometime this weekend. Also installing a kicker 12" solo baric l3 this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
res51cue