To good to be true? / Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Congratulations! Very exciting to get a new vehicle.

You can pull up the website to list all the recall for this unit and check the service records to make sure they have been done. And the nice part is those are freebies.

As far as the rest of the vehicle, yes, service those items and then do even more, like all of the driveline fluids, filters, hoses and belts. You don't want to be breaking down on the road so go 110% and you'll be glad.

OP
OP
D

dualie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all! Really appreciate the insight. Super excited to be in a new to me vehicle.
The dealer is going to register and delivery it to my doorstep this week.

Good or bad - I bought an aftermarket warranty through CarShield-Diamond plan. Covers a lot minus wear & tear with $200 deductible. Saw a couple forum members that have used this as well.

Will start all recommended changes:
Fresh fluid flushes, thermal bypass, trans converter - damn that torque converter is pricey!
Thanks everyone!
Dualie

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you don't mind us asking, what was the final price and how did you get there from the bottom dollar price they had said they would not go below?

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind us asking, what was the final price and how did you get there from the bottom dollar price they had said they would not go below?
And offer a 6mo/6k mile warranty. That’s good negotiating, from a firm as is price, to a discount with warranty. That’s how you do it.

Last edited:

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all! Really appreciate the insight. Super excited to be in a new to me vehicle.
The dealer is going to register and delivery it to my doorstep this week.

Good or bad - I bought an aftermarket warranty through CarShield-Diamond plan. Covers a lot minus wear & tear with $200 deductible. Saw a couple forum members that have used this as well.

Will start all recommended changes:
Fresh fluid flushes, thermal bypass, trans converter - damn that torque converter is pricey!
Thanks everyone!
Dualie
Congrats! $35K seems a little steep as I got my CPO 2019 Yukon XL SLT w/45K miles for $39K. Seems like you talked them down though. How much do you plan to tow? I'm not sure I would tear the tranny apart to put a converter in if you are only towing 3500 lbs occasionally.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you did well. The trans flush now, updated trans lines, and bypass valve are good steps. Consider throwing some money at an aftermarket torque converter. The factory torque converter are known to cause trans issues. A good one from a reputable manufacturer could go a long way in extending the life of the trans. It has for me

OP
OP
D

dualie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$33500. Final price
6m/6k pwr train warranty.
They register with new plates.
Delivery to my house.

We test drove and I said let’s go talk numbers.
I came in with KBB numbers which was 32,300 ish -Printed.
Showed him that and he said no. Ha!

Told him I never pay list. He came down $700 and we wrapped up. Then they hit me with a 600 doc fee. I called BS. (its by law i guess) we ended up splitting that and took it off the sales price.
We shook hands on 34k, warranty and delivery 90mins in another state.
The next day i called about plates, we spoke warranty - wanted that in the contract. They said, that's AS-IS. Sales guy said it had one, but in good faith, they gave me one - better than I thought tbh.
He called me back with that abovementioned warranty.
Had Chevy look at it and saw some other wear and tear (inspection) items. I asked for a reduction there without spoiling the deal. Thanks Alessandrolomb- That was all you!
That's how it went.
I feel like this was a fair deal. Would have loved a CPO and even a little newer - needed to stay on budget, but i have been looking for a while and most.. were over 80k miles for similar money, accident, no max towing and the private sale guy has lien on it. All deal breakers for me.

OP
OP
D

dualie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats! $35K seems a little steep as I got my CPO 2019 Yukon XL SLT w/45K miles for $39K. Seems like you talked them down though. How much do you plan to tow? I'm not sure I would tear the tranny apart to put a converter in if you are only towing 3500 lbs occasionally.
Thanks!
Thats nice deal. My budget was $35k, alot more players out there for $40k and up.
My car is up for sale now, so i should be net in the hole just under 10k which is perfect. Interest rates are obnoxious.

Thats a good question - I am towing 3 times a year about 7500#'s - flat roads a couple of miles each way.
I plan to trailer 2 hours away once a year. no mountain roads.
Thoughts around that?

OP
OP
D

dualie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like you did well. The trans flush now, updated trans lines, and bypass valve are good steps. Consider throwing some money at an aftermarket torque converter. The factory torque converter are known to cause trans issues. A good one from a reputable manufacturer could go a long way in extending the life of the trans. It has for me
Thanks! Will do on those items.
How do I go about finding a reputable torque converter? Gotta be a million players out there.
are torque converters specific to Model/ year of Tahoes. I am def not a car guy - sorry for the newb question.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Check your car shield warranty for the cost / deductible of not taking the truck to the selling dealer. You may need to add a zero deductible option.

Does it cover the MagRide as well as the air struts in back? Almost all GM parts have a lifetime warranty now so getting them replaced on warranty means free parts when the warranty is up.

The biggest expenses in the future are going be a/c, cooling system like radiator & h2o pump, trans, Navi - radio malfunctioning, steering rack, rear main & pan gaskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts