To remove fender flares or no

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoweMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i took mine off. fairly easy, straightforward. I like it a lot better, sleek as you say. I bought a 3M decal remover wheel to get the tape residue off. that was worth it, otherwise the skin on my fingertips would have come off! I have an o4 black tahoe, the only issue is light scratch/outline of where they used to be. thinking about wet sanding that aread to remove scratches. i've tried my buffer-didn't touch it.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
HoweMan try some goo gone with a lil elbow grease....that removed the faint line for me after i removed my moldings...then i used some compound. Im not buying the wheel....i know it would be a lot faster but not worth the 50 bucks its costs to pirchase locally.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled mine off a few minutes ago....took 15 minutes to remove & now I'm going to take a wheel to mine. Not much tape was left on the truck but what is there is tough.

Cameron

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think color matched looks good. Not dipped though. Why did you take yours off physh1?

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
Ive been very interested in this. I have an 03 tahoe and its dark gray with the black mouldings. I want to take them off but as im in the northeast im worried of whats lurking under there. Where there any suspicious spots under yours when you took them off?

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Ive been very interested in this. I have an 03 tahoe and its dark gray with the black mouldings. I want to take them off but as im in the northeast im worried of whats lurking under there. Where there any suspicious spots under yours when you took them off?
No spots at all. Just a lil dirt where the tape was. Paint was in excellent condition. Get the eraser wheel to make clean up easy. I didn't. ..cost me a lot of elbow grease.

DMAN14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would look into color matching them, however if you like more of the off road ranch look I'd leave them. If thats not your thing, take em off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035