Torque converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IEATZ28

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m taking my wife’s 2015 Escalade in for a DOD delete next week. It has pretty bad lifter tick. The shop that’s doing it is recommending that I let them install a B&I torque converter while they’re working on the vehicle He said if they do that and retune my tranny it will substantially prolong the life of it. It’s a 6 speed. Thoughts? This came out of left field to me, but the more I research the more issues I see. As a side note I’m going with a GM non-DOD cam.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have them take the pan off first to make sure the transmission doesnt also need an overhaul. If fluid looks good and nothing concerning in at the bottok then Id proceed with the converter upgrade. Othwrwise have the transmission overhauled as well - make sure everything that should be done is done.

OP
OP
I

IEATZ28

Reaction score
Have them take the pan off first to make sure the transmission doesnt also need an overhaul. If fluid looks good and nothing concerning in at the bottok then Id proceed with the converter upgrade. Othwrwise have the transmission overhauled as well - make sure everything that should be done is done.
Thanks! The dealer told me a few months ago that the tranny fluid looked great. Do you think it’s worth it to do the converter? He’s wanting $1300 installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plyoung