Tow mirror install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2012 GMC Yukon XL/SLT with the weak stock mirrors and I would like to add tow mirrors.
Again didn't really see any youtube install vids. My search words could be off as well.
So I know they make tow mirrors for my Yukon, but anybody have any links for install?
Are Tahoe and Yukon 2012 tow mirrors interchangeable meaning if I watch a 2012 Tahoe tow mirror install, will that be the same for my Yukon?
Any and all info is much appreciated as I really want to get it done ASAP.
Thanks yall.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1aauto has a great vid. I think they did it on a 2007 Silverado. I'm in a poor signal area or I'd post a link. Yes, any installation on a GMT900 (2007-2014) truck is the same - Suburban, Tahoe, Silverado, Avalanche, Yukon, Yukon XL, Sierra, Escalade, Escalade ESV or Escalade EXT.

But I've done this so much I know if from memory...

It's actually pretty simple. Pry off the cover and remove the two bolts behind the grab handle, pry off the cover then remove the single bolt behind the door latch/handle, remove the lock button at the top by prying open the small clip. Pry off the window switch cluster and unplug all the connections. Then pop the fasteners along the interior panel bottom with a pry tool. Give them a firm "pry." They make a bit of a sickeningly-loud click when they break loose. Gently lift and remove the interior door panel and disengage the latch cable to free it.

Gently peel off the water shield covering the door guts. Try not to damage the adhesive bead. The silicone seal/bead will restick when you put it back.

Remove/pry the trim piece "triangle" covering the mirror mount bolts above the interior panel. Do it gently, they tend to break.

Pry out the three Christmas tree fittings holding down the mirror cable.

Undo the 3 bolts holding the mirror, and remove by pulling the cable through the hole as you move the mirror away from the door.

Installation is the reverse. Most mirrors come with new nuts threaded onto the three mounting studs. Remove them before installing.

The plugs into the driver's window controller are labeled/color coded, so you can't mess it up.

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man. Very apreciated.
Ya I'm new to allot of the older stuff and how some parts on different models can be interchangeable.

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2012 GMC Yukon XL/SLT with the weak stock mirrors and I would like to add tow mirrors.
Again didn't really see any youtube install vids. My search words could be off as well.
So I know they make tow mirrors for my Yukon, but anybody have any links for install?
Are Tahoe and Yukon 2012 tow mirrors interchangeable meaning if I watch a 2012 Tahoe tow mirror install, will that be the same for my Yukon?
Any and all info is much appreciated as I really want to get it done ASAP.
Thanks yall.
Nice seeing you in these parts @swathdiver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoeinOrangecounty