TPMS question/request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a TPMS sensor die on us a while back. Like an idiot, I just replaced the one dead one when we had new tires installed on the PPV (It was due for new shoes). Sure enough, a month later, ANOTHER sensor has gone AWOL!! While I hope it's not the new one that's quit, I have no way of really knowing. We have two valve stems that appear to be 100% rubber, and two that are rubber with a brass ring near the cap. One of the ones with the brass ring appears to be dead.

Any idea what the OEM valve stems on a 2018 Tahoe PPV look like? Does anyone still have the OEM sensors on their Tahoe and can verify for me? You can't really trust the images on online websites anymore for accurate pictures.

I seem to remember that the one I got was all rubber. I'm not 100% sure I'll just replace the one, a pair, or just quit playing whack-a-mole and get an entire new set. It's not like they're $2.00 valve stems anymore!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the truck to a local repair shop or tire shop and get them analyzed and replaced if needed. They can be replaced without entirely removing the tire from the wheel and subsequently rebalancing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM