TPMS Reset - Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn the engine on to keep the battery charging.

Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the key remote for 5 seconds, you'll hear the horn chirp twice and the DIC will say something about the procedure.

Go in this order and add/subtract air from the tire. The horn will chirp once to let you know when to stop letting air in/out.

1. Front left
  2. Front right
  3. Rear right
  4. Rear left

After the rear left has been done, the horn will chirp twice, and you're done.

Worked like a champ... Thanks for the info

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I just had to push the button on the dash and when the DIC said " tire monitor active". I tried to do each tire with letting the air out and it didn't do anything. Why do they have that on the DIC if it doesn't do anything?

I definitely need to try it this way. Mine haven't displayed the correct position since I bought the truck over a year ago.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the first two tires I had to let out more air than the back two. It seemed like it was a lot but it wasn't. The back two beeped pretty quickly

djperryalexander

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tpsm

Turn the engine on to keep the battery charging.

Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the key remote for 5 seconds, you'll hear the horn chirp twice and the DIC will say something about the procedure.

Go in this order and add/subtract air from the tire. The horn will chirp once to let you know when to stop letting air in/out.

1. Front left
  2. Front right
  3. Rear right
  4. Rear left

After the rear left has been done, the horn will chirp twice, and you're done.
what!!!!!!!!! thanks man.. im doing this today.. i just got my wheels and hate to drive 20 miles to the dealer... i really dig this site.. startin to get hooked to this site :)

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer has screwed up mine twice after rotating tires....now i don't leave the shop until i know its right.

It sucks having the take out pressure (and then put it back in once you're done) for 3 tires....but when in rome.

For as much as the dealer cost - just get it right the first time.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.........Still didn't work for me.

It will not honk the horn to let me move past the DF tire. All my pressures display correctly and my left side tires are showing the correct position but my right side tires are swapped.

Hopefully getting new wheels soon so I guess I just need to make sure they are in the correct position when I put the wheels back on. And worry about it on the next rotation.

Any other suggestions? How about the handheld things that independent shops have to reset them? Would that work? I just dont want to pay to have it fixed.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have always displayed the correct pressure but never the correct position.

I bought it used and it supposedly belonged to one of the mechanics at the dealership I bought it from. And it had the wrong positions when I bought it. And you would think he would have it set correctly since he worked there.

Reaction score
Here is a new question... I had the orginal 17s with the TPMS... its a 2005.. I have recently upgraded to the 20s LTZ Rims.. they also have the TPMS but now they dont measure the air pressure.. they guy that i got my tires from said i had to reset them.. I told him the way i did it before by the unlock and lock button and let the air out and he said there is another way since i changed rims.. i honestly dont think it matters with rim size but maybe i am missing something... the rims are from a 08 i believe..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin