TPMS Sensor Matching not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lockout888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have an '08 Tahoe LS and got the "Service Tire Monitor System" warning on the DIC. I did some research and decided to try resetting it before taking it in to a shop.

Per the manual, I tried the TPMS Sensor Matching Process. My DIC gets to the point where it says "Tire Learning Active" and the horn beeps twice.

I'm starting with about 35 psi in the tires and let out air for 10 solid seconds. The horn never beeps again to let me know to move on to the next tire.

Is there a special trick that I'm missing?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let the air out until it beeps, don't count the seconds.... If it goes completely flat without beeping, that sensor is bad.

Obviously do this near an air compressor.

Black Market

Reaction score
I tried to reset mine and had no problems till I got to the rear tires...I didn't get a honk on either tire and took them to almost flat. So I refilled 'em and took my truck in for new tires soon after...my tire guy called me up and said I had no TPSM's on either rear tire. I guess that's what I get for buying a retired Border Patrol SSV! Anyhow, he put two new TPSM on and now I am good to go...

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic.....where is a good place to by the tire pressure monitors, other than the dealer. :chewie:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320