Trade my chrome door handles for your gloss black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houstonshark

Reaction score
I have a 08 Escalade and want to try and reduce some of the 'bling'. I'm looking to trade my factory chrome door handles for someone's gloss black ones. I'm guessing this should not be a problem although I guess the locks will not interchange.
I really don't want to paint them and haven't seen any online. I plan to just order a single textured black handle off of eBay to use while the handles are being shipped. If someone is local to Houston that would be ideal. I have a shop where we can do the swap pretty quickly.

On another note has anyone replaced the chrome door trim on the escalade with the Tahoe or Yukon painted trim?

I plan on painting the fender vents, chrome mirror trim, huge chrome liftgate trim, chrome hood trim and replacing the fixed steps with motorized. That would leave the chrome grill trim, chrome inserts in the window trim, rear Cadillac badge, chrome roof rails and chrome OEM style 24" wheels. I haven't decided if I will paint the chrome strip on the motorized steps.

I like some chrome but I think it's a little much as it sits.

Thoughts?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 Escalade and want to try and reduce some of the 'bling'. I'm looking to trade my factory chrome door handles for someone's gloss black ones. I'm guessing this should not be a problem although I guess the locks will not interchange.
I really don't want to paint them and haven't seen any online. I plan to just order a single textured black handle off of eBay to use while the handles are being shipped. If someone is local to Houston that would be ideal. I have a shop where we can do the swap pretty quickly.

On another note has anyone replaced the chrome door trim on the escalade with the Tahoe or Yukon painted trim?

I plan on painting the fender vents, chrome mirror trim, huge chrome liftgate trim, chrome hood trim and replacing the fixed steps with motorized. That would leave the chrome grill trim, chrome inserts in the window trim, rear Cadillac badge, chrome roof rails and chrome OEM style 24" wheels. I haven't decided if I will paint the chrome strip on the motorized steps.

I like some chrome but I think it's a little much as it sits.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that this esky is going to be sick. What color is it going to be? You don't see too many fully color matched esky's so i'm sure it'll be unique. Get ready to pay 1000+ just for used oem motorized running boards, but if you ARE ready for it and are selling your oem fixed steps, lemme know i'll take em off your hands for the right price :Handshake:

If you do paint the rest of the chrome, you might as well paint the chrome on the motorized steps too, since you're already taking away the rest of the chrome, it would def go more with what you're trying to do. GL with this, hopefully you post before end after pics.

OP
OP
Houstonshark

Houstonshark

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention it is Black Raven. I want a little bit of chrome at least at first. I can always pull the window trim, roof rack and motorized steps and paint them or maybe even do a flat black vinyl wrap on those pieces. The flat black might look good next to the gloss black. I considered also doing the fender vents in flat black. It would be easy enough to shoot them flat black and look at it for awhile before painting them gloss.

I'm torn a little on the grill. I really like the all black sport grill but you don't really see those for sale or trade so it may just stay chrome for the time being.

I want to do the motorized steps soon but really don't want to ship my fixed ones. I found some one eBay for a decent price. Selling mine would offset the cost some but I'm not sure what the market is for mine.

I'll upload some pics of the Escalade in a few.

OP
OP
Houstonshark

Houstonshark

Reaction score
Here's my, or rather my wife's Escalade. We bought it as a Certified Pre Owned 2 weeks ago. I've since removed the Escalade lettering all around and just left the GM square.
image-2.jpg

I had a grey 07 Tahoe that was lowered on 24" forged Enkei wheels (forget the model) and then a 08 Avalanche in black with the same wheels. I didn't lower the Avalanche although it needed it. The McGaughy's 2/3 kit with spindles rode really bad in the rear and I even put in helper bags inside the rear coil springs with a compressor. I want to lower the Escalade once I get the wheels. I hear there are some better options for the rear now.

Here's an Escalade on the OEM style 24's. Can anyone tell if it is lowered? It doesn't look like it to me.
image-1.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my, or rather my wife's Escalade. We bought it as a Certified Pre Owned 2 weeks ago. I've since removed the Escalade lettering all around and just left the GM square.
image-2.jpg

I had a grey 07 Tahoe that was lowered on 24" forged Enkei wheels (forget the model) and then a 08 Avalanche in black with the same wheels. I didn't lower the Avalanche although it needed it. The McGaughy's 2/3 kit with spindles rode really bad in the rear and I even put in helper bags inside the rear coil springs with a compressor. I want to lower the Escalade once I get the wheels. I hear there are some better options for the rear now.

Here's an Escalade on the OEM style 24's. Can anyone tell if it is lowered? It doesn't look like it to me.
image-1.jpg

Looks stock to me. Nice ride, it's gonna look all nice all black color matched :Handshake:

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For starters I love the look of the dropped all stock Esky with the 24" reps, looks sooooo clean!!!!....with regards to the rest of your project, I would just wait around and find a set of take off door handles on eBay as many of the new Premium owners are swapping out for chrome. I got my pearl white door handles on eBay for $75, sold my chrome ones locally on craigslist for $125, made $50 and had no down time or the hassle of relying on a single door handle. Quick eBay search yielded:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GMC-Chevrol...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7d193bc1&vxp=mtr
you might message them to see what color "black" they are

For blacking out the trim, go to http://www.bmwshadowline.com/purchase.html and get the 3" gloss black roll. That's what I've done to all my BMWs and did for the Esky window trim:
NewSig-1.jpg

IMO I think it would look good if you blacked out the window trim and the door molding, swapped the handles for black and left the lower step and roof rack chrome alone (if you black it out it will just look more like a tahoe)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy