Traiding in 2021 Tahoe High Country for 2021 Escalade worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zth
Hey xycrazy, just for kicks, how much different is the insurance premium between the High Country and the Esky?
My inusrance guy told me once the Escalade was way more expensive to insure...I never pressed him on it to get me an actual quote...but you have a nice apples/apples compare here, would be good to know.

Congrats on the new ride...looks awesome.
it’s just $100 more per year where I live. That’s almost nothing and way less than I thought.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck bro!
Hard to beat that Cadillac with the 6.2l
Ignore the naysayers and enjoy this beautiful ride!
Statistically the chances of that 6.2l failing is pretty low compared to the probability of getting into a serious car accident no matter what you are driving. Does that mean you don’t drive? LOL!

You have an awesome truck and some people are jelly!
Appreciate the kind words!

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're about to trade in our 2021 Tahoe High Country. Car drives perfectly fine. Has just 40K miles and is in perfect condition. In and out. BUT the seats hurt as they're dang uncomfortable. We bought it for long road trips and I realized that I drive my Grand Cherokee much more often because of the very comfy seats. Altough the Tahoe is a nice truck, don't get me wrong, it never really "clicked" with us. So just having it sitting in the garage is something that bothers me as this thing was expensive (80K). If I'm selling it we will take a hit of about 25K which hurts, too. But I think if we spend so much money on a car (which we never did before) then it should be for a car that we enjoy and we're excited about to drive. That's not really the case with the Tahoe. It's OK to drive it. Nothing spectacular or exciting about it. To many people that might sound like a first world problem (and it certainly is!) but this in fact bothering us and so we're torn between 1. just keeping and driving the Tahoe or 2. suck it up and trading it in for a used Escalade Sport Platinum.

The Escalade has very nice seats. I love the comfy leather and the smell. We also like how it looks. It is definitely a very nice car. But is it worth it to take the financial loss and the risk of buying a car with possible problems (that we don't know yet)? With the Tahoe we know everything is fine except with the seats... and that sucks, too! Btw. does the Escalade has any big issues I should be aware of that are different than with the Tahoe, besides the lifter issues?

Anyways, the angel on my shoulder tells me to keep driving the Tahoe and avoiding the financial hit and the devil on the other side tells me to pull the trigger - lol!
Would you trade it in if you were in that situation and could afford it and would get a good deal on the Escalade?
Just saw this thread and I agree with the idea of the trade you are considering, if you can afford it. We bought our 2018 Denali from my wife's cousin as they actually made the deal when her cousin bought the Denali new in 2018. It was 5 years old in June 2023 and we pulled the trigger because my wife really wanted it. I can't stand driving it because the seats are so uncomfortable and it rides so rough that I'd actually rather drive my 2013 Frontier S with a manual tranny and a 4-cylinder engine and crank up windows, the most basic Frontier one could purchase in 2013. The cloth seats in the Frontier are far superior in comfort to the Denali and it even rides better, too. If someone offered me a slick 2018 Escalade anywhere near even up, I'd trade in a New York Minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmahaAndy