Tranny issue 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess I need to take my truck in but I just wanted to get some thoughts on what could be wrong. Not all the time but mostly when it's cold my truck seems to slip when it hits 35 - 40 mph. It does not do it all the time after she warms up. I checked the fluid and it looks good. Do you guys think its something simple or bad inside that is going require them to pull it out? It always does it at the same speed no other times. it stopped doing it for a week now it did it again this morning. Temp was about 28 last night. Thanks for any ideas

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it on DECELERATION around those speeds, when rpms are @ 1000... Hopefully others will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doktorek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 30K miles and tranny feels weird. It looks like those new 6 speed trannies are not as reliable. I had entire case changed 3 weeks ago ( just the case - guts are still old).

OP
OP
T

Tahoe10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doktorek why did they just change the case? What was yours doing?

doktorek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer with a problem but they didnt fix my problem - but fixed another one. They fixed "play in the tranny while shifting D to R back to D". They didnt change the entire tranny - only the case for $135. I still have another issue on downshifts but it only shows up in 2WD. So it must be something else. I have to take it back again soon hopefully.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I hate this tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313