transmission help.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southernstyle

Reaction score
okay well the transmission that was slipping a little bit in my 01 Kon decided it was done yesterday while pulling my boat. it still pulls in 1st and reverse but thats the only gears i got. there is no slip at all in first gear cause i tested this when i climbed the ramps on my 5th wheel flat bed to haul it home. my plans r to rebuild this trans with a kit from monster but i got to get it running till then so my question is exactly what years can i pull a transmission out of what models to fit in this one? i think its a 4L60E but i'm not 100% sure. please help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Southernstyle

Reaction score
yeah im gonna do the rebuild with some help of a friend of mine who is a lil more expirenced than myself. i've rebuilt a standard transmission but never been inside of an auto so it'll be a first.

OP
OP
S

Southernstyle

Reaction score
yeah theyve been put in 1/2 ton trucks as early as 93 that i know of but there were a few variations in ratio's, clutches, etc... thats why i wanted to know if anyone knew what years where the same as mine. i think its any 1/2 ton truck or suv from 98-06. just like to know for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES