Transmission Issue???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lindgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 Yukon. I have been driving it like a grandma for the last few years because I realize its getting old. The last couple months I think I feel the transmission slipping. It "slips" maybe once every other week. It has a 130,000 miles on it. Is there an easy way to determine if the tranny is going out without taking it to a proffesional?

Any ideas on what else it could be?

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it like you stole it. I dont think it pays to baby them. Did you flush and filter it at 60k and 120k?

buzzsaw714

Reaction score
DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLE IT... MINE LOVES THE ABUSE. 120k MILES NOTHIN EVER GONE BAD.. AND I MEAN I DRIVE LIKE SHIIIIT

OP
OP
L

Lindgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLE IT... MINE LOVES THE ABUSE. 120k MILES NOTHIN EVER GONE BAD.. AND I MEAN I DRIVE LIKE SHIIIIT

Ha, I know what you mean. I have had it 9 years and put in around $600 for cat converters, nothing serious EVER goes wrong with these things,lol.
I believe I did have the flush at 70k and 110k.

But its a strong engine, these things should last to 250k, right?

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Describe the slip. How many rpm's does it jump. Or may it just be flareing? Does it only happen in od?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
try drifting it. if it blows then it was bad and then atleast u had fun :)

OP
OP
L

Lindgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Describe the slip. How many rpm's does it jump. Or may it just be flareing? Does it only happen in od?

Happens at 1mph with very minimal rpms. I will be at a stop light, when I accelerate it takes an extra split second to get going... This happens very seldom but it worries me :/

Any ideas?

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
The transmissions on these are known to be problematic. Mine blew while on the highway without any previous slippage or signs of problems. Had about 90k miles on it when it blew.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens at 1mph with very minimal rpms. I will be at a stop light, when I accelerate it takes an extra split second to get going... This happens very seldom but it worries me :/

Any ideas?

Double check fluid level.?? I hate annoying things like that. It seams like these nbs's over 100k are full of these little gremlins. If you want to pull the pan and upgrade the boost valve to a .490 (its easy). And change the plastic 1 and 2 acumulators to alluminum ones.(no clue how, doing this in spring but pretty sure the valve body foesnt have to come down.) The pladtic ones crack and you loose pressure. Might as well put a servo.in while your on your back. Parts are cheap! If you havent pulled the pan and done the filter, that should be done anywYs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa