Transmission Issue???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
gm trannys go bad alot. mine worked perfectly on the highway and got off then stop then go the stop and boom dead tranny

buzzsaw714

Reaction score
Other than my front right wheel bearings, I never done anything other than maintain mine... I change the oil every 2-3k miles, tranny fluid every year or so, brake lines never, radiator never (both of which brake/radiator im planning on doin) and my rear differential a couple years ago...

as far as your tranny goes... try getting a corvette servo for 15 bucks and see if the increased line pressure fixes that slip.. dont be afraid to beat on these things man.. im telling you they love it

Bigfish92084

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my 2001 Z71 Tahoe has been doing this exact same thing for over a year. I'm loathing the day the tranny goes. Anyone know what the cost for fixing or replacing this transmission will run. Need to start preparing myself mentally.

Xav8r

Reaction score
it's one of the more expensive options, however check out Jasper online. When my '01 goes (currently 182k) I'm planning on getting one of theirs.

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 01 hoe has over 300,000 miles now and the tranny has slipped like this off and on for a while now. No big deal and have never had any major issues or repairs.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
it's one of the more expensive options, however check out Jasper online. When my '01 goes (currently 182k) I'm planning on getting one of theirs.

Replaced mine with a jasper after my trans blew. The first one they sent me was still missing first gear....but the second was spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevpar