Transmission went BOOM!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirkDiggler90504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 3LT 2WD with 31,000 miles on it and last weekend i was driving it at about 32-35 mph and all of a sudden i hear a loud POP and then the rear tires locked up for a second and then let loose, when i tried to accelerate i had no forward gears, reverse works but it make a ton of noise and locks up every rotation. I have never towed anything with it, its pretty much stock except for exhaust and a BlackBear tune. I took it to the dealer and i am waiting for them to call me and tell me what happen. i will give an update as soon as i have one.
if anyone has had the same thing happen please post and tell me what happen

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
****. Um I may skip the black bear tune on my yukon then. How long have you had the tune and what did you set the tranny to?

OP
OP
D

DirkDiggler90504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have had the tune for almost a year now. I am positive that it did not have anything to do with the tune. i had a very mild transmission tune anyway.

mlwald79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they dont try and blame it on the tune. good luck bro.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a very small chance they will even know you had the tune. I seriously doubt it was the tune but more to the point, they have to PROVE it was the tune anyhow per the Magnuson Act.

B

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
There is a very small chance they will even know you had the tune. I seriously doubt it was the tune but more to the point, they have to PROVE it was the tune anyhow per the Magnuson Act.

B

for having it a year it makes me wonder the long term effects on the tranny. Dont get me wrong I absolutely LOVE my black bear tune and dont fault jenna or justin on anything, its my choice and risk. I just belive that a BB tune on stock 4l60e's is a bit to much for them. I had my silverado tranny replaced with a brand new tranny, cost me close to 3k, but I got a 3 year 36k warranty. It had the classic slip, Justin fixed that up, but as I drive it more and more, my tranny has become very hard, and shifts are very noticeable, sometimes to the point of shaking the entire truck. The tranny is also slipping. There are some times I give it WOT, engine revs up, and I dont get much power out of the rear wheels. I repeated this and its fine. Also some times when it up shifts, My RPMS go up 3-400 RPM before it shifts. I feel im about to loose a 11 month old tranny. If I have to get a new one I will get my new one built to hande close to 500 hp. But until then I say tred lightly on any tune, whether from wait4me, black bear, or even a hand held tune.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for having it a year it makes me wonder the long term effects on the tranny. Dont get me wrong I absolutely LOVE my black bear tune and dont fault jenna or justin on anything, its my choice and risk. I just belive that a BB tune on stock 4l60e's is a bit to much for them. I had my silverado tranny replaced with a brand new tranny, cost me close to 3k, but I got a 3 year 36k warranty. It had the classic slip, Justin fixed that up, but as I drive it more and more, my tranny has become very hard, and shifts are very noticeable, sometimes to the point of shaking the entire truck. The tranny is also slipping. There are some times I give it WOT, engine revs up, and I dont get much power out of the rear wheels. I repeated this and its fine. Also some times when it up shifts, My RPMS go up 3-400 RPM before it shifts. I feel im about to loose a 11 month old tranny. If I have to get a new one I will get my new one built to hande close to 500 hp. But until then I say tred lightly on any tune, whether from wait4me, black bear, or even a hand held tune.

I think it depends on what you ask them to do. Higher pressures will prematurely wear any tranny "to an extent".

B

B

OP
OP
D

DirkDiggler90504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My trans did not wear out, it wasn't slipping at all, it went from working perfect one minute to not working at all. i was definitely a hard part inside the trans that gave out. The trans should be designed to at least handle a stock 5.3 with a tune. I wonder what would have happen it i towed a car or a boat with this thing