Troubled 03 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 10 years or so building "Matching Net Works for "RF Generators" soldered connections but they don't move as such "Tuning Caps" have a limited range of motion. So yeah I know how to "Solder" also. :)

I merely took "accept on" to your flat out declaration stated as fact?? And gave my preference and "explained why???" and "cited sources." But hey I am not an experti but these guys are and there "avise" happens to "correspond with mine. .:)

Anyone that is that curious is free to contact "Motec" among others.:
http://www.motec.com/wiring-currentrange/wiring-directory/

Pretty sure they know a thing or two about wiring, connections and "Endurance/Relaibility. :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well 10 years or so building "Matching Net Works for "RF Generators" soldered connections but they don't move as such "Tuning Caps" have a limited range of motion. So yeah I know how to "Solder" also. :)

I merely took "accept on" to your flat out declaration stated as fact?? And gave my preference and "explained why???" and "cited sources." But hey I am not an experti but these guys are and there "avise" happens to "correspond with mine. .:)

Anyone that is that curious is free to contact "Motec" among others.:
http://www.motec.com/wiring-currentrange/wiring-directory/

Pretty sure they know a thing or two about wiring, connections and "Endurance/Relaibility. :)

Last edited:

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You always get out of being wrong with your standard statement " I'm not an expert" but yet in your previous post you made it sound like you were. And your links to exhaustive reading on subjects which usually turn out to be about something entirely different are a waste of time, usually. Just give up on this one, you were wrong. Leave it alone.
Ah well ...wither or not "I" can solder ... is "immaterial??" I stated my "preference" and when you "Claimed I was wrong and stated your preference as fact ... I merely pointed out, "MY" preference and "EXPLAINED" why. And in doing so pointed out ... that there is "NO Consensus" on "Crimp vs Solder."

My goal is to help those that care, that much about "that" particular issue?? Do there "Research" and draw there on conclusions?? Your goal ... I have no idea???

At any rate I'd be curious where the "Bikes" with soldered ECU's finished up here??? :
http://www.motec.com/latestnews/SERTwinslemans/

I suppose I could contact them (Motec) and tell them "some guy" on the internet says you guys are "Wrong" and that "Solder Connections are best???" And if they changed there postion on the issue?? Then I'd most likely feel a "need" to get on "Rennlist" and tell all those guys with "Crimped" Standalone ECU's that they need to "Uncrimp and Solder" ... yeah that would not go well (there) I would imagine??? So ... "thinking it through ... I'm gonna stand pat with "others are free to do as they see fit."

"You" can argue that your "postion" on "Crimp vs Solder" is the only "Correct" postion on the issue ... despite evidence to the "contrary."

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My goal is to help my fellow forum users. I'm done arguing with someone who doesn't know when to stop. I have no agenda.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....I've never seen so many "quotes" that don't make sense and so much fuss over wiring before lol

Let's keep it civil and adult-like all :waytogo: no need for bunched up panties over crimping and soldering lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, huh? Dude just got on my nerves, sorry! :mfr_omg:

I went back and deleted any content that wasn't helpful...pretty much all of it!

Last edited:

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....I've never seen so many "quotes" that don't make sense and so much fuss over wiring before lol

Let's keep it civil and adult-like all :waytogo: no need for bunched up panties over crimping and soldering lol
It was merely an "idea" not a "mandate." OP said did not want a junk yard harness and "OEM" is expensive (I would imagine??)

Might not be the problem anyway but it would eliminate one variable at little cost. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbycombs