Ultimate 5" Rear Drop Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well I am making this thread just to let you guys know the end results of my rear drop!
I have had just about every static drop on these Tahoe, which are a 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/5.
I just recently installed Bilstein 5125 shocks and all I can say is wow! :shocked:The Tahoe rides exceptionally smooth now, even with 26s. Keep in mind I did not even do the DJM Free Travel Mod, and I do not bottom out much at all anymore.

My rear setups include:
1. Pedders 3" drop coils with stock shocks.
2. Pedders 3" drop coils with stock shocks and shock extenders.
3. DJM 4" drop coils with stock shocks.
4. DJM 4" drop coils with Belltech SP shocks.
5. Belltech 5" 5305 drop coils with Belltech SP shocks.
6. Belltech 5" 5305 drop coils with Monroe Sensatrac shocks.
7. Belltech 5" 5305 coils with Bilstein 5125 shocks.

The way they all ride are rated from worst to best below:
3, 4, 6, 5, 7, 1, 2.

Keep in mind they're may be some error with the Belltech coils rating because I had 24s or 26s with those coils installed. With every other setup, I had 20" wheels and tires at the time. So bascially the Belltech setups have a chance of riding better than the others.

Get these with your 5" drop coils and you will not be disappointed. Max and DJMDIRECT helped me find this setup.:Handshake:
Finalyl done messing with my suspension after 1 year of all these setups.
Also for extra info, I am running factory coils in the front with 1/4 of a coil trimmed off of each coil. Also have Belltech drop struts set at .75" of drop, and 2" drop spindles.
End result is a 3.25/5 drop for the Tahoe.

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear setups include:

3, 4, 6, 5, 7, 1, 2.

So just to clairify, the best riding setup that you tried is: 2. Pedders 3" drop coils with stock shocks and shock extenders.??

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes that was the best riding setup rear wise.
Mainly because it was only a 3" drop and I had 20" wheels then.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
so you're saying the Bilstein 5125 Shocks ride much better than the Belltech SP Shocks?? cuz my Belltech's ride well but if you're saying the Bilsteins ride better, i might have to try them out!!

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
so you're saying the Bilstein 5125 Shocks ride much better than the Belltech SP Shocks?? cuz my Belltech's ride well but if you're saying the Bilsteins ride better, i might have to try them out!!

Way better, not much better!!:Handshake:
These shocks actually dampen, unlike the Bells.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

With this setup do you have the 1" spacers in the rear? Are you using shock extenders with this shock?

No I don't have the 1" spacer. Also I am not sing shock extenders because my specific 5125 shock was ordered to be short enough to be plug-and-play.

derk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does beltech imprint the part numbers in their springs? I just bought my truck and im wondering what spings are on the hoe.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah they do, but yours looks like it is the same spring with mine, just the 07 up version, which is the 23323.
The 5305 I have is similar to the 23323, but goes lower by around .5".

HoustonJG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

I am going to order a set for my avalanche

I am currently using stock shocks with extenders and it rides like crap!

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Well I am making this thread just to let you guys know the end results of my rear drop!
I have had just about every static drop on these Tahoe, which are a 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/5.
I just recently installed Bilstein 5125 shocks and all I can say is wow! :shocked:The Tahoe rides exceptionally smooth now, even with 26s. Keep in mind I did not even do the DJM Free Travel Mod, and I do not bottom out much at all anymore.

My rear setups include:

3, 4, 6, 5, 7, 1, 2.

Keep in mind they're may be some error with the Belltech coils rating because I had 24s or 26s with those coils installed. With every other setup, I had 20" wheels and tires at the time. So bascially the Belltech setups have a chance of riding better than the others.

Get these with your 5" drop coils and you will not be disappointed. Max and DJMDIRECT helped me find this setup.:Handshake:
Finalyl done messing with my suspension after 1 year of all these setups.
Also for extra info, I am running factory coils in the front with 1/4 of a coil trimmed off of each coil. Also have Belltech drop struts set at .75" of drop, and 2" drop spindles.
End result is a 3.25/5 drop for the Tahoe.

Modded,

Do you know which 5125 series shock you purchased?

What are the specs seems there is a page of 5125 shocks to pick from

Thanks
josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee