Unknown part, help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowdown916

Reaction score
Sip guys. Anyone knows the name of this plastic piece, the one that its coming off..

619NJ

Reaction score
Not exactly sure where it is from your picture but it looks like a door sill plate.

619 the Chef choppin' lips and deep-frying Mud Ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell where the picture is. Can you take another zoomed out? Obviously the center subject is the running board, and the body and "sill" looking piece make it look to be an open door, but what is above that? Its a weird spot for what looks to be a reflection.

Either way, that part doesn't look like its screwed/bolted/secured on. There was just adhesive holding it. So getting a new part won't necessarily fix the issue.

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
It's on the driver side rear door, I think each door have it, I try looking for door sill, threshold plate, trim and I got something, it has clips ..

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not go to the dealer and ask them to give you a quote on fixing it. And ask them the part number...

never hurts to ask

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
Yea I can do that,but since I'm out of town for long periods of time and don't have the tahoe with me I was thinking on finding the name of it to order it online ..

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the rear door sill plate. Its just double stick taped on. Go to the parts store and pick up some new tape. Pull the old off clean the surfaces and stick it back on. $5 fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou