Upgrades over the weekend - pics/questions inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a few upgrades to the Tahoe over the weekend.

Backup Camera

backupcam.JPG

Trans cooler

trans.JPG

Changed the fluid too. All 12 quarts of it. Filter as well.

It was a little nasty looking

transfluid.JPG

And a lift

3" keys, 2" spacers

lift.JPG

A thank you to this forum is in order for the info to do all this.

Now, onto the question....

While the lift looks bad ass and lets my 285's have full turn radius.... IT RIDES LIKE ASS!!!!! if any of you reading this are on the fence like I was just know it's a bouncy ride!

anyways, What is my other options for 3"'s in the front? 04 z71 4x4 tahoe. Need something to give me 3"'s without riding like complete ass!

Thoughts?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a good weekend!!!

(no idea about the lifting part though)

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, onto the question....

While the lift looks bad ass and lets my 285's have full turn radius.... IT RIDES LIKE ASS!!!!! if any of you reading this are on the fence like I was just know it's a bouncy ride!

anyways, What is my other options for 3"'s in the front? 04 z71 4x4 tahoe. Need something to give me 3"'s without riding like complete ass!

Thoughts?

Had a lift ONCE, N E V E R again, ....................... just because of your "RIDES LIKE ASS" comment.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rides likes ass due to the 3" keys, you basically maxed everything out in order to lift it. Not sure on the options in that height range but look at suspensions that will drop the appropriate suspension parts and replace with the appropriate shocks.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides likes ass due to the 3" keys, you basically maxed everything out in order to lift it. Not sure on the options in that height range but look at suspensions that will drop the appropriate suspension parts and replace with the appropriate shocks.

Ok, .......................

However, a lifted truck will NEVER ride as nice/smooth as stock height with the same/equivalent suspension parts.

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was amazed at how much change even a 2" leveling kit made on my 06 hoe. It made it feel top heavy {prob in my head}. You can change to a softer shock, but the air flow under the vehicle will still make it feel weird.
I also had to air down my tires to help keep it soft on the road.

Although I loved the 4x4, I will never do it again unless it is to be used strictly for off roading.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Correct ^^^

Ok, .......................

However, a lifted truck will NEVER ride as nice/smooth as stock height with the same/equivalent suspension parts.

Somewhat right ^

Heres some insight , The truck rides harsh due to What Yates just stated when you Lift your vehicle with "keys" your essentially tighting the torsion bars. The tighter the bars the stiffer the ride. what you need is a Diff drop type of lift . by dropping the front diff you retain your FACTORY Ride minus the Top heaviness which is to be expected , IN fact my truck rides better after the 6 inch lift than before IMHO . the only thing that is harsh about my ride is my choice of tire. Remember the point here is that Diff drops Lower the Front differential Via Brackets and or knuckles to Raise the Truck in the air.

Nice Mods BTW I like the screen in the cubby hole :Rock on:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts